Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyin4jsus

Turn it up loud, Captain!
I was inquiring how the training is at NetJets. I know you guys use Flight Safety. Are all the Instructors Flight Safety employed or does NetJets have their own Instructors at the centers? Do you guys have an AQP program like some of the majors? Thanks for the info.

Well Uncle Warren owns FSI so it is kind of in house but no we don't have our own instructors.

FOs get their type during initial and then do a checkride in six months and then STEP training the next six months. So it is a check then training on an alternating six month cycle. Captains will be doing the same soon.

Thanks for the reply Captain Dad! If you don't mind me asking how is the moral there. Are most guys and gals great to fly with?

I am AWESOME to fly with. Ask my mom, she'll tell you.

Good moral here. Good contract. Company treats us well

NetJets does a great job, but FSI well lets say that they are less then desirable. To bad Uncle Warren owns them, we should dump them and train our own.

I think the instructors at FSI do as good as they can. The problem I find is that FSI can't keep their instructors long. EVERY time I go there is a new guy I have to work with.

If there is a high turnover rate, that usually implies too low of pay. Put that on top of a crappy schedule it is hard to keep good people.

Morale is very good here especially when compared to the airlines. Most people are great. There are very few tools. If you read other NetJets posts via the search function, you will see. You won't have to go far to find the dinks.

I think the instructors at FSI do as good as they can. The problem I find is that FSI can't keep their instructors long. EVERY time I go there is a new guy I have to work with.

One ongoing problem with FSI is that they still aren't training to our SOP's. When I work with new-hires or pilots transititioning, it's usually one of their first criticisms of FSI. Supposedly that is going to be addressed but we'll just have to see how quickly that happens.

Retention, like you said, tends to be a problem for them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back