• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neelman on cnbc.com today....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Carbon dioxide has absolutely nothing to do with making our environment cleaner. Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant.

Ozone and carbon monoxide are examples of pollutants.

I am for a clean environment.

I do have a question. Why are the environmentalists so quiet while farmers plow more land to plant corn in the USA and sugar cane in Brazil?

Risk in climate change? There is no risk, the climate will continue to change just as it always has.

They aren't being quiet about it (do you need the links?) -- deforestation is at the top of the list.

Pick and choose whichever part of "climate change" you want to believe in order to make it convenient for your conscience -- then tell your great grandchildren that you were willing to take the risk to save a few bucks or your current lifestyle.

If it does all go to hell in a handbasket, you can just say that it was the natural order of things and not the direct result of man's (in)action. I guess for some, it's that simple. For others, it's like thinking that back in the day, most people didn't think that smoking was harmful.

That being said, the "hype" is soon to be a reality. The federal government will act, whether you like it or not.

The environment should NEVER, EVER be a partisan issue.

Jayme needs to pull his head out of ALGORES ahole. You asked him to cite references and he did, you won't read them or believe them if you do read them. Just like those that said the ice age was returning during the 70's. To think that our SUV's can affect the climate is a joke. The volcano that just erupted in Chile spewed more CO2 than we can make in a decade, seems to me like there have been volcanos around for a few years, yet the earth is still here. I saw Al Gore flying from the Sundance film festival in a G-V with one other person on board. I guess he's real concerned about his global footprint right? Oh yeah, he buy carbon credits to offset his travels and his mansion.....from his own company. Geez jayme wake up!!!!!

Gore was seen getting on a G-II with a few folks last year to go from TN to the west coast.........(not that I don't love the G-II). He talks the talk, but.......

If he was so concerned about emissions, maybe he should walk.

Last edited:
At least St. Bono can confess his sins to someone-

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Quote:
Bono confesses sins to 'father' Al Gore

Jan 24 02:09 PM US/Eastern

‘Gulfstream-Flying Rock Star’ Bono Confesses Carbon Sins to ‘Father’ Al Gore

Having climate campaigner Al Gore round to your house is to open yourself to a self-flagellating guilt trip, Irish rock star Bono confessed Thursday.

Sharing a stage with the former US vice president at the annual gathering of world movers and shakers in the Swiss ski resort of Davos, the U2 frontman joked that their friendship was a source of pressure on the domestic front.

"He's been round my house and it's like... here's the recycler Al, you know... I've got a posh car, but it runs on ethanol Al," Bono said.

Acknowledging that a career in rock music was not always conducive to a green lifestyle, Bono compared a conversation with Gore to an act of religious contrition.

"It's like being with an Irish priest. You start to confess your sins," he said. "Father Al, I am not just a noise polluter, I am a noise-polluting, diesel-soaking, gulfstream-flying rock star.

"I'm going to kick the habit. I'm trying father Al, but oil has been very good for me -- those convoys of articulated lorries, petrochemical products, hair gel."

Bono and Gore were in Davos to push their respective campaigns for poverty alleviation and reducing carbon emissions.

Public money takes the bias out of things. NASA/NOAA/NWS/USGS etc. don't need to twist their data to continue to get funds. They are there to serve us. If anything, they would be biased towards the republicans, who as a party think global warming is a sham. Despite this bias, they still agree man is causing the planet to warm and that it's a bad thing.

There are some public systems that could benefit from competition. You mention education - I absolutely agree! However, global warming is being researched by many different serious scientific agencies. If it was a sham, don't you think one of those organizations would be shouting it out, and trying to get the research money budgeted for the others? Yet, as organizations, they all agree that man is causing the planet to warm.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/space/5752141.html

Happy to see NASA using our money wisely.:rolleyes:

What's your premise, here? That since there is waste at NASA, all their research is moot? Interesting...

Gore was seen getting on a G-II with a few folks last year to go from TN to the west coast.........(not that I don't love the G-II). He talks the talk, but.......

If he was so concerned about emissions, maybe he should walk.

One more time - I never brought up Gore. You did.

I'm more concerned with NOAA and NASA.

What's your premise, here? That since there is waste at NASA, all their research is moot? Interesting...

Ha, funny...my uncle is Chairman Emeritus at NOAA, I know the value of his quality research. I wish I could get him to respond to some of your posts, he would eat you for lunch.

I think 717's doing a good job debating you, I wish I had access to the wealth of info that my uncle has!

I'll be happy if they can keep track of the bags
Can you imagine them handling bags of oil. I would like to see some of the rampers running the cracking towers!
PBR

Ha, funny...my uncle is Chairman Emeritus at NOAA, I know the value of his quality research. I wish I could get him to respond to some of your posts, he would eat you for lunch.

I think 717's doing a good job debating you, I wish I had access to the wealth of info that my uncle has!

From your "uncle's" website:

Without a natural greenhouse effect, the temperature of the Earth would be about zero degrees F (-18°C) instead of its present 57°F (14°C). So, the concern is not with the fact that we have a greenhouse effect, but whether human activities are leading to an enhancement of the greenhouse effect by the emission of greenhouse gases through fossil fuel combustion and deforestation.
2. Are greenhouse gases increasing?

Human activity has been increasing the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere (mostly carbon dioxide from combustion of coal, oil, and gas; plus a few other trace gases). There is no scientific debate on this point.

And then there's this gem, right off the front page of noaa.gov.

A synopsis:

The average global land temperature last month was the warmest on record and ocean surface temperatures were the 13th warmest. Combining the land and the ocean temperatures, the overall global temperature ranked the second warmest for the month of March. Global temperature averages have been recorded since 1880.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back