Neeleman calls it quits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Captain Dad,

You mean Dave as in Dave Barger, is he jumping ship too??? It is David as in David Neeleman, dumba$$. If you are going to post these flaming comments at least get your facts straight. Shouldn't you be over on the fractionals board defending some big announcement you said was coming to Netjets that turned out to be nothing???

Sorry, I didn't realize it is not allowed to call Mr. Neeleman, Dave instead of David. I know there was another Dave in there to, but I heard he was asked to leave/quit to go work for Cape Air.

No flame intended just simple business sense. When a head of a company quits/gets fired, it raises questions. Look at Skybus. Their head dude quit to go write the great American novel and a week later the whole airline goes TU. I hope that isn't what is going to happen at JB, I like you guys.

As for that "nothing" at NJA you mentioned...you're right. It was just a little construction deal worth $225,000,000 in buildings alone that will effect every employee at NJA for the next 40+ years. You saying it's "nothing" is like me saying the renovation of the TWA terminal at JFK is nothing. Give me a break. Not to mention a laundry list of improvements including new training, EFBs, new aircraft interiors, ....well now I'm just boring you. Nevermind.

If I really wanted to flame, I would have used a lot more sarcasm and used something a lot more trivial. Like those awful tasting blue chips. Just relax man. Not everyone is out to get you the way I used to be. I got off the high horse weeks ago.:laugh: I am just following up on my decision to sell my stock a long time ago. Thank God! (never again, airlines are too risky and volatile)

Good Luck. I hope it isn't the way it looks from the outside.

Last edited:
Ya Robin, I'm back for another trunk....
The Fed's..
Yes it's totally normal....just give them this letter...
And this phone number.....
Yes that is a lot of numbers, make sure you tell them to dial 01 before the number.
That's my crane, pay no attention, like I was never here....ya 4 at a time if you can......what do you mean....it's just clothes dammit.....alright just take the one...your boss really miss represented that crane. ya, on the flatbed down stairs.....looks like we'll have to come back AGAIN!!!
oh c'mon...flattened all the tires......alright alright just stack all but 2 up over there...

Sorry, I didn't realize it is not allowed to call Mr. Neeleman, Dave instead of David. I know there was another Dave in there to, but I heard he was asked to leave/quit to go work for Cape Air.

No flame intended just simple business sense. When a head of a company quits/gets fired, it raises questions. Look at Skybus. Their head dude quit to go write the great American novel and a week later the whole airline goes TU. I hope that isn't what is going to happen at JB, I like you guys.

As for that "nothing" at NJA you mentioned...you're right. It was just a little construction deal worth $225,000,000 in buildings alone that will effect every employee at NJA for the next 40+ years. You saying it's "nothing" is like me saying the renovation of the TWA terminal at JFK is nothing. Give me a break. Not to mention a laundry list of improvements including new training, EFBs, new aircraft interiors, ....well now I'm just boring you. Nevermind.

If I really wanted to flame, I would have used a lot more sarcasm and used something a lot more trivial. Like those awful tasting blue chips. Just relax man. Not everyone is out to get you the way I used to be. I got off the high horse weeks ago.:laugh: I am just following up on my decision to sell my stock a long time ago. Thank God! (never again, airlines are too risky and volatile)

Good Luck. I hope it isn't the way it looks from the outside.

The fact youre not grasping here is that Neeleman has not been CEO for almost a year now. He was ousted to a figurehead role to save face with his ego and Wall Street. It was just a matter of time before he left completely.

Latest resources

Back