Neeleman Brags

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lowecur said:
Neeleman said he is confident the airline can eventually boost its margin because oil prices will either decline or will rise so much that JetBlue's loss-plagued rivals like Delta Air Lines Inc. will be driven out of business.

"The 190's going to change things," he said. "It's going to change the rules of the game a lot."

So is Neeleman also confident that the stock market will either decline or rise?? That also has nothing to do with JetBlue's margins.

JetBlue Boosting margins will not be due to oil but the health of their competitors.

The only reason the 190 will change things is because, right now, the other carriers are unwilling to pose a challenge. It is a brilliant idea to offer starving pilots a chance at a job where they can eventually be an A-320 Captain making 130K a year. The promise is a fairly quick upgrade for low wages today. Very slick.

If someone else manages to get into the 100 seat fight the future will be different than Neeleman sees it. Right now I'm betting on Neeleman moderate success, but I don't count others out. Neeleman may get blind sided in a few years.

lowecur said:
SWN is really SouthWest North, or Jetblue. Now tell me about your losses?;)

SWN is Southwestern Energy Corporation.. I would never invest in airline stocks ..never.. My gains far exceed my losses, it's all about money management.. I let my winners ride, and the losses I get out with at a 3-4 percent loss and move on to the next equity. JBLU is a good stock to scalp and swing trade. It's intrinsic value is about 6 bucks a share, thus not good for buy and hold!! SWA and JBLU are definetly best of breed, but there's a reason why Warren Buffett doesnt touch airlines, and why George Soros sold a big portion of his JBLU stock a while back!! Watch for a consolidation in the energy sector for the next month or so and then come September load the boat on energy stocks.. You wont be sorry!!

FlyBoeingJets said:
So is Neeleman also confident that the stock market will either decline or rise?? That also has nothing to do with JetBlue's margins.

JetBlue Boosting margins will not be due to oil but the health of their competitors.

The only reason the 190 will change things is because, right now, the other carriers are unwilling to pose a challenge. It is a brilliant idea to offer starving pilots a chance at a job where they can eventually be an A-320 Captain making 130K a year. The promise is a fairly quick upgrade for low wages today. Very slick.

If someone else manages to get into the 100 seat fight the future will be different than Neeleman sees it. Right now I'm betting on Neeleman moderate success, but I don't count others out. Neeleman may get blind sided in a few years.
Jetblue had to pay what they did in order to compete with the RJETs and other regionals that will be flying E-jets for Legacys. I think they planned to pay the pilots more, but once some of the regionals locked in their contracts, they had no choice.

You're not giving the ergonomics and IFE enough credit. The pax are going to want to fly the 190 more than the 320, once you get enough of them in the air. Again, another marketing coup for Jetblue, as they distinguish themselves from SWA and other LCCs.

EagleRJ said:
Doing this at the same time that the Airbus debt is becoming due is a big gamble. I doubt if JB's profit will look the same in the next few years as it has in the past three.
OK, good one!
You had me for a minute until you added that!

as214 said:
SWN is Southwestern Energy Corporation.. I would never invest in airline stocks ..never.. My gains far exceed my losses, it's all about money management.. I let my winners ride, and the losses I get out with at a 3-4 percent loss and move on to the next equity. JBLU is a good stock to scalp and swing trade. It's intrinsic value is about 6 bucks a share, thus not good for buy and hold!! SWA and JBLU are definetly best of breed, but there's a reason why Warren Buffett doesnt touch airlines, and why George Soros sold a big portion of his JBLU stock a while back!! Watch for a consolidation in the energy sector for the next month or so and then come September load the boat on energy stocks.. You wont be sorry!!
I have made a few bucks trading AWA, AAI, and FRNT over the past few years, but none of them are long term holds. I am well diversified with no more than 10% of my portfolio in any one area. I'm looking to put some $$$ in the Hong Kong market in the next few years. I will probably get a mutual fund since my knowledge is weak on the Far East, but it's a better play than China(too much speculation).

Energy is like the dot.com stocks a few years ago. Lots of money to be made while the momentum lasts, but if the world economy takes a dump you'd better be out before the bottom falls.

lowecur said:
Jetblue had to pay what they did in order to compete with the RJETs and other regionals that will be flying E-jets for Legacys. I think they planned to pay the pilots more, but once some of the regionals locked in their contracts, they had no choice.

You're not giving the ergonomics and IFE enough credit. The pax are going to want to fly the 190 more than the 320, once you get enough of them in the air. Again, another marketing coup for Jetblue, as they distinguish themselves from SWA and other LCCs.

I think we all agree that SONG has better IFE and more comforatable leather seats (plus good food). Now, if SONG/Delta could only get off its arse and order some 100 seaters itself.... But I guess Delta pilots' unwillingness to get paid the lowest wages in the business wouldn't make the 100 seaters operationally competitive... Whoops!

On Your Six said:
I think we all agree that SONG has better IFE...I do like Song's larger screens, but Jetblue's are fine..... and more comforatable leather seats.... 2X2 seating in the 190 leather seats will be just as comfortable and more passenger friendly getting to and from the isles.... (plus good food). Now, if SONG/Delta could only get off its arse and order some 100 seaters itself.... But I guess Delta pilots' unwillingness to get paid the lowest wages in the business wouldn't make the 100 seaters operationally competitive... Whoops!
Delta will need to get their act together in Chapt 11(sometime in Oct). They may jettison ASA/CMR(I think they have already written off the investment), and go strictly with RJET, and maybe turn the Song logo over to them and their E-jets. Just as with UAIR, under pressure that the courts will decide a new contract in Chapt 11, the pilots will have to give in and let RJET fly the 190/195. The 757's are too large and less versatile to compete with Jetblue.

Interesting discussion.

Heard some things the other day about JB and Song. Apparantly JB has FA's training for some oceanic flying, ie. Dublin and Shannon. With a full 320 you would really be stretching one stop. So what gives? It's probably not really true, but the 330 rumor has been going around for some time now. If this is the case, then the 190's will be the least of the problems.......3 airplanes, whewwww!

Consequently, Song is allegedly looking at getting 180 etops which for the 75 will be pretty easy. This, in order to start flying to Europe.

Yay or nay?

Probably for the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico destinations.

Brown Cow said:
Interesting discussion.

Heard some things the other day about JB and Song. Apparantly JB has FA's training for some oceanic flying, ie. Dublin and Shannon. With a full 320 you would really be stretching one stop. So what gives? It's probably not really true, but the 330 rumor has been going around for some time now. If this is the case, then the 190's will be the least of the problems.......3 airplanes, whewwww!

Consequently, Song is allegedly looking at getting 180 etops which for the 75 will be pretty easy. This, in order to start flying to Europe.

Yay or nay?

lowecur said:
I have made a few bucks trading AWA, AAI, and FRNT over the past few years, but none of them are long term holds. I am well diversified with no more than 10% of my portfolio in any one area. I'm looking to put some $$$ in the Hong Kong market in the next few years. I will probably get a mutual fund since my knowledge is weak on the Far East, but it's a better play than China(too much speculation).

Energy is like the dot.com stocks a few years ago. Lots of money to be made while the momentum lasts, but if the world economy takes a dump you'd better be out before the bottom falls.

LowCur mutual funds are the biggest scams going in the equities market.. A good friend that I grew up with is a hedge fund manager and you wouldnt believe how bad people get fuc*ed with them.. You're better off buying shares of Berkshire B stock... Warren runs Berk Hath essentially like it's a big mutual fund.. He's always buying selling stock and buying selling companies under the Berkshire Hathaway umbrella.. He goes where the money is.. He's recently bought energy, and has a bunch of China Petro so as well... You can bet he'll be buying more China and Hong Kong too.. Most mutual funds have taxes and fees associated with them in addition to what you have to give Uncle Sam.. If you buy Berk B you only have to pay 15% cap gains tax if held more than a year.. Good luck to you, take all that you can from the market and GIVE NOTHING BACK TO IT!!

Latest resources

Back