NEEDED: Info on Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt...that's all fine and good...

hey, I don't get up to presque isle or wherever, the lines in HTS stink....everybody has the same stinkin line , no chance for gaurantee, or overtime, so why would you ever work on your day off for free...

from the accounting side i see what they're doing, but I need more time, period.....we have made our wants known to Dot.

For ALITALIA..... no hiring on tap from my sources, no upgrades til june is what i heard recently, from a guy they call the judge!

they will hire like mad as soon as this frickkin IRAQ madness is over......because the economy will explode and all the regionals will fill the seats for those 700 RJs on order.

chperplt...that's all fine and good... hey, I don't get up to presque isle or wherever, the lines in HTS stink....everybody has the same stinkin line , no chance for gaurantee, or overtime, so why would you ever work on your day off for free...

I understand the lines in HTS are horrible. You don't have to stay in HTS.

The lines will get better when the summer schedule comes out. There isn't much crew planning can do.. How many times can you go from HTS to PIT in one day?

From what I hear, we're about to pick up some more routes in your neck of the woods, so I'm sure you'll see improvements in time.

By the way.. if you work on a guaranteed day off you will get 4 hours pay or block, on top of your guarantee...

The information John (The Judge) gave you is correct.. No nothing till summer.

I didn't know that. if i am blocked for 60 hours for the month...and work on a day off...i get 79 hours pay for the month?? Is that right? I was under the impression that no days off are a promise....they own you the whole month...but do have to give you 10 days off a month, which only means a 24 hour period counting as a day off. Is it true 2 saabs got parked, or are they just getting heavy work done on them? Has the stock of 1900 main tires been replenished yet? It just seems like luck to be in a base, and have the sen # to get a lot of hours in. You need to hit it just right with people upgrading or leaving or going on vacation. It seems the bottom man at each base no longer does all reserve...they divide it for everyone. Any thoughts on any other new bases we may ever get???

Ask your lead captain for a copy of the most current pay memo. If they call you to work on a day off, you are entitled to pay on top of your 75 hours.

No Saabs were parked. The Saabs we have were all obtained from the same source. They are all on the same maintenance schedule. They all have C checks due at the same time. One Saab a month is going to get the C check done. They started in November and will be done when they are done.

If you FOs learn how to land in a crosswind, we wouldn't blow tires! JUST KIDDING... That problem has been addressed and resolved... minus one captain.

It can be tricky to get to a base that will give you seniority to hold the #1 line. Spend a few minutes looking at every bid line and see where your seniority will hold a better line. I believe the #1 FO in PQI is #165 or something close to it. I imagine BUF and HPN will go pretty junior as well. Regardless, wait until the summer comes around and every line is blocked for 90 hours.

There will be a few more bases opening and more routes being picked up.. Stand by for more info in the coming weeks.

Latest resources

Back