need some vegas info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

moving2vegas

I'm relocating to vegas because my wife got a better paying job. I need some info on operators in or around las vegas and it's tough to get an idea of what's going on without being there. I'm looking for a multi freight position and 135 mins aren’t a problem. I know that amflight flies out of vegas, but they aren’t hiring. I'm looking for a smaller, local operator with a freight run. Where I'm from we have amflight of course, but we also have a number of smaller operators ( whom I currently fly for) that also haul boxes. Usually these ops are associated with an FBO, but I've contacted every FBO in vegas and none that I found maintain a 135 operation. If anybody knows vegas I could use some help. Also, I would consider any flying in vegas ( tours, charter, corporate, pilot service, anything). I've already spoke with the "major" tour and charter operators, but ,maybe someone knows of something else. Any help would be appreciated

Pac Valley runs the FedEx feeder out of McCarran. They might be the same as West Air. Don't know.

Tour companys...Senic, Vision and Air Vegas. They are all based out of VGT. There are a few others but I wouldn't waste my time with them. Not sure about any cargo runs besides the AMeriflight ones. If it makes you feel better most of those just fly in for the day. Good luck.

I can't really disagree with the above post too much, and I worked for one of the "others". Air Bridge in Boulder City (61B) runs 402s and Navajos over the Canyon. 135 VFR ME PIC will help the resume . . . as long as it doesn't cost you your life or your license. There are numerous private, corporate and a/c management companies there, also. I worked for Corporate Flight International at McCarran for a while, too . . . they do traffic watch in C172s and management of KingAirs, Hawkers and Citations. I took a stack of resumes & knocked on every door at every airport in the area . . . even slid one under a few doors! Thank goodness you have a sugar mama!

Welcome to Vegas!!!

I'm a 121 guy so I can't really help you in your job search, but if you have any questions about anything living here related, shoot me a PM. I've lived here a year now and love it.

When you get here, stop by Signature Flight and Executive Air at KLAS and poke your nose around. There are many corporate flight departments that have offices inside of these buildings.

Good luck!!!

Looking for a good job in Vegas

Check out Flightoptions.com They are a great group of high class professionals and a good company too. Best of luck.;)

Latest resources

Back