• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G

grounded92

Hello All,

My owner is thinking of making a move out of our Excel into either a Sovereign or a Challenger 300. My job is to complete a operational cost comparison between the three aircraft.

If you are currently operating either the Sovereign or 300 what are some of your costs? For example, what are you paying for your engine and parts program? What are you burning in your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, hour. What cruising speed and altitude seems to work best? Any first hand knowledge would help.

Additionally, do you have any suggestions for good aircraft cost analysis material.

Thanks!

If he is serious, contact Conklin & Decker. You will get every piece of information imaginable. I have a feeling that if price is a non-issue, the 300 will wipe the floor with the Sovereign in nearly every category. Good luck!

If he is serious, contact Conklin & Decker. You will get every piece of information imaginable. I have a feeling that if price is a non-issue, the 300 will wipe the floor with the Sovereign in nearly every category. Good luck!

Except for balanced field length, avionics (G5000 vs PL21), full fuel payload, and product support.

Thanks everyone. I've never used Conklin and Decker. I didn't get numbers from our aircraft broker, good reputable company; they were obviously sales numbers.

Mmmm....wont wipe the floor with the new Sovereign, granted its just had its first test flight. Our department has both, I like the 680 and its performance is impressive but the 300 has the Collins and a much bigger flight deck and cabin. Plus it's purtier.

Mmmm....wont wipe the floor with the new Sovereign, granted its just had its first test flight. Our department has both, I like the 680 and its performance is impressive but the 300 has the Collins and a much bigger flight deck and cabin. Plus it's purtier.

Haven't looked at the newest Sovereign specs yet, I was referring to the older generation models. What are the differences per say?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back