Need Some Feedback

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SOLIDEAGLE

I am seriously considering going to flight school to start my career in aviation. Im in with Spartan and looking at several others including Embry. Ive heard both good and bad about Spartan, allegedly they have been accused of basically stealing their students finacial aid. I need some help on making my final decision on where im going. Need some insight on what to do and any info about Spartan. Thanks!

Ive heard both good and bad about Spartan, allegedly they have been accused of basically stealing their students finacial aid.

Run. Take half the money you would have spent at Spartan, buy your own plane, stay at home, keep your day job, and pay someone more experienced/enthusiastic to teach you to fly on your time off. Use a couple grand more to rent for your commercial/multi ratings. Then take the rest and fly yourself around the country(ies) building time. Don't forget to stop in at RVS along the way and feel sorry for the dude in plane number 9 for takeoff behind a whole bunch of Chinese students.

If by " stealing their students finacial aid" you mean "taking students financial aid and sending it back to their financial instution because of student inactivity, as required by law", then yes, that would be the case.

Btw... no more chinese at spartan, although the flight school next door (riverside flight center) does train a few foreigners from india ......

The airport is also not as busy anymore since the chinese left OVER A YEAR AGO. So no #9 in line for take off. THe worst i've seen over the last few months was #4.

If you would of asked me 2 years ago if i would recommend spartan, i probably wouldn't of responded favorably. However, Spartan has started a new commercial course 6 months ago which is quite good. It takes you from 0 time to Commercial - Multi (25 hours in seminole) + single engine add-on in 190 hours. Since it includes private and instrument, the only way you go over 190 hours is if you are a complete dumbarse... sorry. So say you are a slow learner and it takes you 100 hours to do the private, you didn't "waste" any time simply for being over the FAA minimum of 40 hours. It all gets counted towards the 190 hour minimum.

Latest resources

Back