Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some aircraft buying suggestions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JungleJett said:
What a tool. How about he gets your address and pays you a visit?

Anyway..buy a Yak and spend twice the money, burn three times the gas, get ten times the airplane, and have a 1000 times more fun.

Yea dude, just don't forget that you'll be taking out the lights on the right as opposed to the left side side of the runway with a 55 ;) What a rocketship!

Jagboy69 said:
THe partnership is a great idea. Someone said your budget doubles. Here is a website that is excellent for finding your aircraft.

I would be careful running down the partnership path, while I have personally had good luck with partners it has been with guys I have known for a number of years (before, during, and after the partnership). I know a lot of guys though who have destroyed relationships, planes, and each other over them though.

Not saying don't do it just exercise a little caution.

JungleJett said:
What a tool. How about he gets your address and pays you a visit?

Anyway..buy a Yak and spend twice the money, burn three times the gas, get ten times the airplane, and have a 1000 times more fun.
When did Flightinfo become a no humor zone?

Buddy of mine is selling a Varga, for about 40K.
Low Wing, roomy, tandem seating.
He hasnt listed this yet on the net, but it has fairly low time and is a bunch less than a couple I have found for sale online. This is near Oakland Calif.
Saw the photos and it looks straight. Know the guy, he is a straight shooter, not a dealer.

never flew one but was going to say Varga also. Wish I had 40g's i'd pick it up.

Other than that I'd have to say some form of a pa-28

Think Viking, Super Viking (people are afraid of the wood spar, suckers)
Aircoup. I am partial to the Piper series, PA-28-161, 181, 235

CE

P.S.
Also consider a Cherokee 140/180 with a MoGas conversion. Lots cheaper.

I also suggest getting a single partner and then buying a decent C172 or PA28...which means spending 45-50K or so. Main thing if you're on a budget will be to do your homework right to avoid costly maint to get the thing airworthy, and keep a GOOD chunk of cash to fix the things that will crop up.

FWIW I am preparing to do similar, but I am skinny and want a traveling machine.. am thinking Mooney C model.

Also, I love the RVs, but I looked at a couple used RV-4s.. to the point of pre-purchase. You DO get what you pay for! Beware the cheap ones. The airframes tended be constructed correctly, but wiring, baffling, accessories, etc. were not on both aircraft I looked at closely.

How about a Beech Slowdowner......I mean Sundowner.

I never have seen the need to buy a flying hothouse (aka low wing plane), but supposedly these Sundowners are pretty spacious. They are not fast but that keeps the price down. Take all of this with a grain of salt because I have never personally been in a Sundowner.

Chris

CrimsonEclipse said:
Also consider a Cherokee 140/180 with a MoGas conversion. Lots cheaper.

Careful about heading taking the MoGas route. While it is cheaper, many (if not all; I'm not sure) of the STCs do not allow for the use of MoGas with ethanol. If you're in an area that has switched to ethonal over other additives or will in the future, you will be out of luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back