Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Anyone got a line on a smoke system for a T-6?

I don't think anyone makes a kit, I made mine from scratch. Most other T-6 Bubba's have also. It's fairly easy to do, especially if the left side panel and cowlings are already off.

You'll need a smoke oil tank. I used two old freon tanks and welded fittings to them, but I have also seen plastic boat gas tanks used.

You'll also need a high volume pump of the proper voltage. I had used an old fuel pump from a Piper Navajo, 45GPH, 25PSI, because I had a "G" model and it was 24 volt system.

I made an oil nozzle using a stainless steel AN fitting and inserted in one of the threaded holes in the exhaust collector where the original exhaust analyzer went.

Finish this off with the appropriate hoses and electrical connnectors/switch and you are good to go.

Erj, I've considered just making one such as this, but are there issues with STC? If no one makes one as such then I guess I'm just going to have to do what I'm gonna have to do.

Thanks for the info so far...

jbDC9--I sent those guys an email, waiting to hear back.

I wasn't going to market it, so I didn't need an STC. After talking with my FSDO PMI, he stated that it was a minor modification, so no 337 needed, just a log book entry and weight and balance change.

Cool, I was going to ask about a 377. I would, of course, consult the FSDO where I am, but it sounds like it should be minor enough to skate right on by. Thanks for the help.

Latest resources

Back