• Friendliest aviation community on the web
An oldie...but a goodie...

Ms. Suzy Floozie
Flight Operations Recruiter

ExpressJet Airlines, Inc.

12345 Airport Way
Houston, TX 77032

Dear Ms. Floozie:

John Doe is a pillar of the community and deserves a slot at ExpressJet Airlines. His extreme excellence would serve our airline in a most exquisite fashion. Basically, you’d be a moron not to seriously consider his immediate hiring and subsequent promotion to executive management.

John has vowed to leave all Midwestern communities he has resided in the past to live in one of our lovely bases making him easily available for any junior manning. Of course who wouldn’t want to live in Houston with its humid hot summer climate and hazy high air pollution, or Newark with its obnoxious Northeasterners, extreme population density and garbage smell, or Cleveland with its city on the brink of bankruptcy and its overcast cloud coverage day after day after day after day during the many winter months.

John is gay. This would mesh well with our many gay male flight attendants. John is looking forward to some long overnights with those certain special galley guys. Gay means happy, right? Happy employees = happy customers = mo money for our fabulous airline. And of course with him not reproducing, no need for the company to provide health care coverage to more little ones.

John is a man of faith. Just the other day, he was telling me how he was looking forward to the opportunity to utilize code share pass privileges to travel to Mecca. He also seems enthusiastic about becoming a Federal Flight Deck Officer so he may “protect the cockpit”. His compassion through his faith has meant numerous past donations to various charities in the Mideast. The only thing about his faith he doesn’t look forward to he tells me is his near prophetic future meeting with 70+ virgin women. Reference the last paragraph. Knowing John though, he’ll have fun trading beauty tips.

John handles mechanical problems very well. He has encountered and successfully dealt with multiple single engine failures in a complex Kia Sportage transportation vehicle. His task driven mentality thrives in those moments, so our underpaid mechanics can take a breather.

I feel John would be a titanic accomplishment for our airlines hiring department. Don’t let this one get away. Just remember if you don’t hire John, I’ll be sick.

Sincerely,

Richard N. Santana
ExpressJet First Officer

Alright that s some funny stuff. But I need dome more serious ones. Please. Any would be appreciated. Thanks to those who have posted. It's a big help.
Has any one every used a service before??

threegreen said:
There's no 'correct' way

Short, succinct, mention positive attributes that you can attest to (drinks with the fish, runs with the big dogs, etc.)

Nothing negative or that can be construed to be negative (drinks with the fish, runs with the big dogs, etc).

Business format, Arial or Arial Black font, 11 pitch.

Formal but personable (probably the toughest thing)

Canned is out-they (you know, them, they're ba$tards) will see through that in a heart beat.

The first couple were good examples of format. You have to fill in the words, we can't do that for you! (Well, I could, but then you'd have to bring me 2 bottles of Laphroaig or Lagivulin and you don't want to do that).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back