Need plane + pilot at Hobby Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

davidhigbie

Kind of a strange request, but trying to make this happen- a "grand" entrance to my wedding reception at Hobby Airport (KHOU), Houston, TX.

The details: October 1st, looking for a plane and pilot...dont really care- a 172 to a global, just looking to arrive from the church to a FBO at Hobby, hop in the plane, and taxi over to the 1940 Air Terminal Museum (on the west side of the airport), lights and strobes on and all that jazz, then hop out and make our entrance.

Compensation can of course be worked out. Anyone with ideas, leads, etc...please help. I've scoured the local FBOs and noone seems to be interested.

Thanks for looking. Please send me a private message!!!

Dave

Kind of a strange request, but trying to make this happen- a "grand" entrance to my wedding reception at Hobby Airport (KHOU), Houston, TX.

The details: October 1st, looking for a plane and pilot...dont really care- a 172 to a global, just looking to arrive from the church to a FBO at Hobby, hop in the plane, and taxi over to the 1940 Air Terminal Museum (on the west side of the airport), lights and strobes on and all that jazz, then hop out and make our entrance.

Compensation can of course be worked out. Anyone with ideas, leads, etc...please help. I've scoured the local FBOs and noone seems to be interested.

Thanks for looking. Please send me a private message!!!

Dave

Even though there is no flight or intention of flight involved, I think this is borderline 135. Violations can happen even during ground operations and I think the lack of response reflects this. Remember, even though separately renting the plane and hiring the pilot is technically legal, FSDO's will scrutinize such 134.5 charters.

You're probably better off just contacting a 135 operation based @ Hobby and I'm sure they could work out something that wouldn't be too expensive.

Even though there is no flight or intention of flight involved, I think this is borderline 135. Violations can happen even during ground operations and I think the lack of response reflects this. Remember, even though separately renting the plane and hiring the pilot is technically legal, FSDO's will scrutinize such 134.5 charters.

You're probably better off just contacting a 135 operation based @ Hobby and I'm sure they could work out something that wouldn't be too expensive.

That or the response he's getting is via PM.

but really, who would want to show up in a 172?!?!! Just sayin'

Really, if you're going to do that - you should do it right, like in a (shiny) Twin Beech or something - but not a 172, well maybe a shiny new one with an interesting paint job, but your attitude about not caring about what kind of airplane it is kinda spoils the "Grand Entrance" concept.

Do it right or don't do it.
Don't make us "little airplanes" look bad.

Latest resources

Back