• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need info on cape air. The Interview&Tra

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should be careful using Mr Bortz' name. He could easily sue you with a subpoena of your IP address from our records.
I know I did a double take when I saw it, and being a pilot, I wouldn't be surprised if he browses here.

Just a heads up.
If4f

It's Boortz and he's a hoot! A lawyer, too. He flys a nice Mooney and just LOVES the security screeners.

Check out his daily show notes, commentary, station guide here:
Neal's Nuze

We're lucky in Orlando, we also get the 1st hour of his show where he's local only in Atlanta and lets 'em have it!

Interview is tougher than it used to be. HR interview with the Chief Pilot, then a Technical Interview with (usually) the Director or Assistant Director of Training. Questions range from wind shear, to wake turbulence, to VFR/IFR chart interpretation, to 91/135 regs, to multi-engine dynamics & cockpit decision making.
Simulator evaluation conducted in a (sensitive) Elite IGATE FTD, looking for good single-pilot IFR skills and thorough knowledge of the IFR environment (holds, approaches, readbacks, procedures).
Usually depart HYA, approaches and holds are usually done in the vicinity of, if not at, HYA (around the Cape & Islands)

Training is thorough. 8-9 days of GS, then 8-10 hours in the sim, followed by 10-15 hours in the aircraft. A couple of LOFT sessions in the simulator, and then its on to a full 15 hours (maybe more) of IOE. You are paid throughout training. Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back