• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Need info about Costa Rica

flybynightly

Total Time
5800+
I have a trip going to San Jose, Costa Rica soon and would appreciate any advice about the airport or good places to stay and fun things to do.

Thanks!

DHC8DRIVER

Total Time
4200+
I spent a week down there in 2000 and had a blast. I would advise traveling to and staying in some of the smaller towns/villages near either coast (if you email me I can get out a map and tell you the names). There are some cool rain forests, a volcano, and even a bar where you can feed monkeys bananas. Oh yeah and of course topless beaches. Whatever you do don't bum around San Jose - get out to the inner part of the country and the coast!

Boeingman

Total Time
A lot
San Jose at night is a dangerous place. I agree with the above poster, get out to the outlying areas. A beautiful country.

The airport, high terrrain to the east, good english speaking ATC.

ExAF

Total Time
If you do have to stay in San Jose, I would recommend the Grand Hotel Costa Rica. It is an old hotel in the downtown cultural district. You can book numerous tours/activities from there. I did whitewater rafting on the Reventazon (sp?) river and had a blast. Also did horseback riding in a rain forest. If you want more details, send a PM and I'll reply. Lots of cool things to do all over the country.

C

Chas

Arenal volcanoe(sp??)

I hear the volcano is a really neat thing . I also heard through the grape vine you can get some real cheap companionship for a whole weekend. A gorgeous chica that cooks, cleans and does a lot of mmmmmm. housework. I am in no way condoning that type of thing but it is a fact of life in that area .