• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spot?

:D

(BTW ... that's my fishes name.)

Spot? Wasn't that also the name of Data's cat in Star Trek next generation? As I recall, the cat had no "spots"

Fang, Duke, Major, Gunner, and Shadow. These are all names of male German Shepard’s owned by acquaintances and relatives of mine over the years.

TonyC said:
I've always been fond of German Shepherds, and of the F-105 Thunderchief.

F-105 Thunderchief

Known for it's Wild Weasel missions in Vietnam, it's just a mean-lookin' airplane, and it fits the image of a Shepherd.

Of course, you'd call him "Chief" for short.
Ha that's funny, I like "thuds" as well. The coke bottle shape looked pretty mean in camo, plus they had a really super glide ratio on the critical engine. Ooops...they only had ONE engine!

Our salvage unit had to pick one of the VANG "thuds" out the Cheasapeake bay, near a light house by the Patuxant Naval Air station. He was trail plane in a diamond formation, lost the furnace on the deck and didn't even have time to tell his buddies before chucking the plane.

He survived the ejection and we were tasked with bringing this "thud" up for the investigation. Most of the pieces parts came up in one of those metal wire milk cartons tied to a line. The largest piece we found was a main landing gear strut with a shreaded tire on it. There were little blue 20 Mike Mike practice rounds minus their shells all over the site.

We would pile this junk up and let the investigator try to match up pieces with his manuals. We were there for at least three weeks in a four point mooring, I got a ton of photographs on this operation.

The crater was twenty five feet deep and this was in about 30 feet of water. Must have been an awsome impact.

They never did determine the engine out and soon after that, the VANG got out of the "Century Series" fighter market.

But anyway, I think "thud" would work. Dogs should have a single syllable name, that's easy to say and rolls of the touge with a snap...so thud fits. "Stuka" might work, it's German, it's easy to say and it is aviation related. Volksjagger might work, but if your vet is Polish or Jewish, you might find your dog getting euthanized when you take it in for a check up. But anywhoo...work with the one syllable or easy to say names. And it is a German, so maybe Hans would work...there had to a Kraut named Hans that flew a plane somewhere.

Last edited:
Huey
Stearman
Champ
Baron
Rudder
CAVU
Taildragger
Turbine/Turbo
Axl

I could think of more, but if you are going to a reputable GSD breeder that follows the breed rules, then the first letter of the dogs name should be the same as all from his litter.

How about Aileron? Maybe Props? Spinner perhaps? Radome's not bad...

Jason

If you plan on bringing your new addition to an airport, I would stay away from names like "Clear" or "Prop." :eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back