Need help, Need to transport neice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

I need help selecting an air ambulance company. My neice by marriage was critically injured 4 wks ago in SFO. Stable, in coma - #3 on Glasco Coma scale (1 step up from brain dead). Out of ICU 1 wk, off resporiator 3 days, breathe thru trach tube, fed thru tube. Family undecided what to do, but hospital advised/requested relocation w/in 2 wks. Main family in PVD. They asked me to research because of my aviation/air ambulance back-ground. Obviously costs are mounting and are an issue, while time is somewhat flexible. I've received a couple of quotes so far. Looking into Air Care 1, AeroCare, US Air Ambulance, Travel Care International, etc. Noticed a number of different accredidations listed - which are important? It seams like best available aircraft is the LJ35 - 1 fuel stop and is probably cheaper than a BE20
which would be at least 2 stops and may time out on flight/duty time, correct? What about Citation II? Does it have the range and is there any cost advantage over LR35? Any companies offer discounts based on available one-way trips?

Check with Life Flight at Stanford University in Palo Alto. It is a helicopter operation but they should be able to turn you on to Air Ambulance. Most insurance companies will pay for transport. Remember that the aircraft is just part of the price the larger portion will be the medical crew required to monitor the patient. Best of luck to all concerned

(650) 723-5578

Thanks for all the responses, especially the PMs. Unfortunately the family has not come to a consensus on what to do at this point so we can only wait and see.

I found this on another post.

http://www.airmed.com/

I'm a former US Army Medevac pilot and have flown Medevac helicopters for more than 15 years. I've never heard of this outfit but I'm impressed with what they seem to offer and you can't beat the price.

AirMed Intl

AirMed International was just voted #1 Air Ambulance company in the world!!! You can not go wrong looking at their accediations. CAMTS is the Certified Air Medical Transport Services and DOD is the department of defense. They will take good care of your family.

Thanks again for all the responses. For now the family has set up a re-hab care facility in Marin Co. The mother and ex-husband/father have made a temporary move from RI to CA. Still very little conscious movement from the girl. They maybe hoping against hope. Reality may set in again in January. We'll see.

Latest resources

Back