Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need help in New Orleans - PLEASE HELP!!! PLEASE VIEW!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ISaidRightTurns

I am looking for anyone in New Orleans. Coast Guard pilot, or perhaps Guard that can help locate a missing uncle. Thank you to all those who assist.

His name is Joseph Abrams, he goes by Jack. He lives in a 2 story house on the corner of Grape St. and State Street Dr.

(4211 State Street Dr)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=4211%20State%20Street%20Dr&city=New%20Orleans&state=LA&zipcode=70125%2d2732&country=US&title=4211%20State%20Street%20Dr%20New%20Orleans%2c%20LA%2070125%2d2732%2c%20US&cid=lfmaplink2

Jack is in his 80s and my great uncle. We are very close. I have been going threw all other means I can find to no avail or assistance. I even sent a friend in Houston to the shelters to look for 5 hours with no luck.

He is a stubborn old man who would not leave. He is unarmed, please do not worry about that.

The best entrance is the double doors on Grape St.

If anyone could possibly see their way over there or perhaps ask someone they know too I would be greatly appreciative. If payment is requestes, it will absolutely be considered. No lengths are too far at this point.

Please contact via PM here, or my cell phone 678-923-9282 or 678-923-1692.

Thanks,
Matt Thompson

PS - Please forward to anyone you know who may help. I will update as soon as I know an answer.

Take a look at www.weather.gov to get an idea of the condition of the area. Sometimes it is hard to get oriented with these aerial pics. You can use Claiborne Ave or Ursaline Academy for orientation if he is located in the part of State Street near Claiborne. St Charles Ave. or the St Charles Ave. Presbyterian church would be a good reference point for the portion of State closer to the river.

LOTS of huge oak trees that cover the road so it may be difficult to see but it is worth a shot.

My cousin lives near State and Claiborne Ave. It was reported that her house was flooded and looted. That area would flood with the summertime afternoon rains when I lived in that area.

I hope that he is OK!!

Matt,

Our prayers are with you. Let us know when they find your uncle.

2000Flyer

RockyMnt1 said:
Take a look at www.weather.gov to get an idea of the condition of the area. Sometimes it is hard to get oriented with these aerial pics. You can use Claiborne Ave or Ursaline Academy for orientation if he is located in the part of State Street near Claiborne. St Charles Ave. or the St Charles Ave. Presbyterian church would be a good reference point for the portion of State closer to the river.

LOTS of huge oak trees that cover the road so it may be difficult to see but it is worth a shot.

My cousin lives near State and Claiborne Ave. It was reported that her house was flooded and looted. That area would flood with the summertime afternoon rains when I lived in that area.

I hope that he is OK!!

I have found his house on the NOAA website, but it is hard to judge the height of the water.
It is rediculous that the government has yet to take over this role. The Red Cross is a great organization, so are all the other ones attempting to help, but the military is the only one with the budget and man power to handle all the missing persons reports.

VampyreGTX said:
Any updates? Any news? Good luck and hope for the best!

No new news. The closest anyone can get is by causeway, still several miles from his house. The reports coming out don't sound promising, but I have heard some stories of old folks still being found alive.

Jack was found in the upstairs of his house this morning by the national guard. The water is still in the downstairs.

He was very dehydrated and confused, but overall his vitals are okay.

The national guard did not remove him from his home, I don't know why. They did say they will check on hime every day, check his vitals and make sure he gets what he needs.

Great

to hear.

Latest resources

Back