Need help finding Pax Supplemental Oxygen Mask

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thatpilotguy

We have a Challenger 300, it has a supplemental oxygen port at one of the passenger seats in the cabin. The connection is much like the one up front in the cockpit. I know that there is a mask available to attach to that port, but I have no idea where to purchase the mask. Bombardier doesn't sell them. When I was at Safety Stand Down, I got a business card for the company, but am now in the middle of packing and moving and have no idea where that card is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

We have a Challenger 300, it has a supplemental oxygen port at one of the passenger seats in the cabin. The connection is much like the one up front in the cockpit. I know that there is a mask available to attach to that port, but I have no idea where to purchase the mask. Bombardier doesn't sell them. When I was at Safety Stand Down, I got a business card for the company, but am now in the middle of packing and moving and have no idea where that card is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

UNQUOTE

WOW, now that's customer service at it's finest!

TransMach

I was going to say much the same thing, thanks Dinger. The issues isn't that Bombardier doesn't sell them, it's that it port requires a medical oxygen regulator that isn't an aviation product. I did track down the parts via Med Air.

Exactly

My point, the manufacturer, supplier, builder and/or retailer should support each and every part of the airplane you purchase. Not that Gulfstream is perfect, cuz the're not, just an observation.

P.S. on a new G550 I know folks that are about to put the airplane down and remove the entire cabin entertainment/managment system and install an older, simpler, proven system.

The vendors MUST support their product after-market!

TransMach

Last edited:
TransMach I agree with you that vendors do need to support their products. It's been known for years that Bombardier is less than perfect when it comes to product support.

I have been on this board for 3 years now and everytime something comes up about Bombardier it seems some Gulfstream driver has some wise azz comment to make about Bombardier. Would I like to fly a Gulfstream...of course, do I wish that Bombardier had better support and less headaches, absolutely, but it's what we have, it's my job and I'm sure that regardless of the aircraft, owner or organization there are always going to be "things" that are a pain in the rear. It's life...if it where simple what fun would that be.

My only advice is that most of us that have been in the industry know the reputation of Gulfstream and know that they put out a great product. It's just the attitude from the guys up front that take away from the product. If you where more humble and not so name calling you would get further with your product arguements. Sit back, relax, we know that you fly a great plane...hopefully someday I'll have the opportunity that you have, and you can be sure that I will remember these discussions and try not to stand on my soap box and look down on those that fly the "other" brand.

TransMach I agree with you that vendors do need to support their products. It's been known for years that Bombardier is less than perfect when it comes to product support.

I have been on this board for 3 years now and everytime something comes up about Bombardier it seems some Gulfstream driver has some wise azz comment to make about Bombardier. Would I like to fly a Gulfstream...of course, do I wish that Bombardier had better support and less headaches, absolutely, but it's what we have, it's my job and I'm sure that regardless of the aircraft, owner or organization there are always going to be "things" that are a pain in the rear. It's life...if it where simple what fun would that be.

My only advice is that most of us that have been in the industry know the reputation of Gulfstream and know that they put out a great product. It's just the attitude from the guys up front that take away from the product. If you where more humble and not so name calling you would get further with your product arguements. Sit back, relax, we know that you fly a great plane...hopefully someday I'll have the opportunity that you have, and you can be sure that I will remember these discussions and try not to stand on my soap box and look down on those that fly the "other" brand.

I'm impressed. That was a very tactful way of putting it! I have to admit....my planned response was a tad less professional. Thank you for beating me to the punch and preventing me from making another defensive post.

It sure is terrible flying these Challengers! I am about to quit if my boss doesn't buy me what I want to fly.......

GStream vs. Others

You guys are too sensitive! Just becaue I happen to have ratings in GIV & GV I also fly Learjets and Falcons. I didn't even begin to suggest that Gulfstream is superior in any fashion, in fact, I believe they have some very significant problems.

Sheesh ... I"ll keep my trap shut!

TransMach

Latest resources

Back