Need Help Fast! Exporting Logbook Pro for Printing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cobra

Please I am crunched for time! Didn't realize that Logbook Pro was such a PITA to get exported and printed (Jeppesen Style). Anybody have any helpful technical advice for getting the data printed via a PDF or excel file?

Thanks!

G

You can use the turnkey service at Logbook Pro and their fancy leather binders, but it'll cost you a minimum of $300 to do that, and that's too much IMHO. An afternoon trip to Office Depot and Kinko's took care of it.

First, export it to Jeppesen Style Flight Log. Click "All Data" on the popup window. It will take a couple of minutes, then the Jeppesen log will pop up with all your info on it. When it is finished, click the "Combined" tab on the lower left-hand corner, and then click Export --> Export to Adobe Reader (.PDF) ...

Save the exported file, and take it to Kinko's (you can either burn it to a CD or save it to a flash drive). Explain to the person what you want to do, and they can print it in a couple of hours. I used the light green paper, so it looks just like a logbook. To bind it, I used the WilsonJones Raven Post Binder:

http://www.officeworld.com/Worlds-Biggest-Selection/WLJ24140N/06Q4/

You can find these at any Office Depot. True, it's not as nice as the logbooks that LogbookPro sells, but you won't have to fork over an arm and a leg to do it, either. And no interviewer is going to hire you because you have a logbook that looks expensive. This looks like a Jeppesen logbook, and the nice thing is it can hold a ton of pages. I also had Kinko's give me 50 more of the green pages, predrilled, so I can print out individual pages on my own printer.

Does anybody know how to enter the amount forward for my logbook, ie the time I have from my paper logs. This will make the math correct. Help!! Thanks...

Just put in a single line entry dated when you first started using LBP and put all of your times there. Should take care of it.

-mini

Luckily, I only had like 5 years worth of logbook to type in. I did it in like 3 months, and am getting ready to print it off for an interview. Thanks for the tip on the "cheaper" binder AirBill! I've been looking and didn't think to check them.

Something else to consider... looks a lil better, and still on the cheap would be a business check ledger such as this ;)

Uh, oh...took me to a "Page Not Found" page. I'll look a little deeper into the site, though.

EDIT: Okay, I looked and found some ledgers, but the ones I found were $87. The one from Logbook Pro is $80, comparable yes, but I'd probably go with LP's version. Good find at any rate!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back