• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need DC-9-30 information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is it that we need passports, mothers birth certificate, and genetic testing to get in a sim to train with our own companies, and someone from the FAA can invite a family member along for a ride? Regardless, enjoy the ride.

Good question. And the second good question is where in this entire world is a Level D DC-9-30 sim? I would be very interesed to know that. I think he might be confused about the "Level D" part.

atrdriver said:
How is it that we need passports, mothers birth certificate, and genetic testing to get in a sim to train with our own companies, and someone from the FAA can invite a family member along for a ride? Regardless, enjoy the ride.

I'm going to need the same pretty much :p

WIPilot said:
Hello everyone,
Mainly I am looking for V speeds, checklists/flow, and general procedures but I would be grateful for any information anyone has.

Thanks!
Nick

WIPilot, relax and have fun, anything you may need to know to help out will be told to you right at that moment. Nothing will be required other than to enjoy the experience.

Yank McCobb said:
Good question. And the second good question is where in this entire world is a Level D DC-9-30 sim? I would be very interesed to know that. I think he might be confused about the "Level D" part.

The newest DC9-30 sim is in Wilmington, OH. It was completely only two or three years ago. I don't know if it's a "C" or "D" but it has the full 180 degree wrap around visuals. It makes our old level B sim look like a Model T.

DC-9 SIM trick for your uncle

Set the radio Altimeter to 100'
fly ref + 5
when the little amber light comes on by the Baro altimeter,
count to 4 by 1000s, example one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two,
on the fourth count, pull the throttles and the yoke back at the same rate and the sim will roll right on.

Say to your uncle,"If I roll it on the first time, you buy the steaks?"

Of course, you should be buying for the opportunity regardless.

Have fun.

PS: STL FSI has 2 DC9 sims, a level B for the miltary C-9 and a level C.

Flechas said:
Ask your uncle then, I'm sure he's familiar with the DC-9 numbers and procedures.

This is the key. I'm sure your uncle will be able to tell you everything you'd need for the purposes of a sim visit even though he hasn't flown for a while.

Flying the -9 is like putting on your favorite pair of old slippers. He will remember. Have fun.

All you need to know:

Gear up!
Flaps up!
Gee this is neat!
When do we eat?

Seriously have fun with it....

Latest resources

Back