• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LXApilot

Owes More Than He Makes
Hello everyone:

I would like to thank you for taking a look at this thread. As the "major" airline pilot thread I figured to address this here first in hopes of getting the best results.

I need a little help...

Our company recently acquired it's FAR-121 certificate and are flying two routes in the United States utilizing EMB-145 aircraft. I have volunteered on behalf of our company and pilot group to initiate the process of establishing reciprocal jumpseat agreements and establishing CASS participation.

I will be contacting the ALPA offices tomorrow to introduce myself and see exactly what we need to do to "get rolling".

If any of you could please pass this message along to your jumpseat coordinators or if you could PM me with their contact details I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with them.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you aboard our cockpits and establishing working relationships with your jumpseat committees.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!
- LXApilot

CASS and jumpseat agreements are two different things. CASS takes awhile and costs money so are you sure your comany is willing to pay for it with an operation as small as yours?

As far as recipricoal agreements...you do not need to be in CASS to have a recipricol agreement, however your pilots will not be able to sit in the cockpit if the cabin is full. The nice thing about recipricol agreements is that they can happen pretty fast and don't cost anything.

I would focus on the largest airline convinient to your bases and focus on them. I would also get your company to agree to take any 121 pilot that shows up at the counter for a ride regardless of previous agreements. When you take that pilot...write a letter to their jumpseat coordinator to show that his/her pilots find your jumpseat useful.

The larger airlines are sometimes a little sensitive about granting agreements to what would end up being a one-sided benefit (i.e. all of your pilots jumpseating all over the US on Delta or American, but none of their pilots ever showing up for one of your flights) so this would show that their pilots are in fact using your jumpseat.

Good luck.

Igneously2,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have discussed with our owner the costs associated with the airinc software and hosting: to which he has agreed. Our company has decided that this is a important benefit for pilots.

Right now I would imagine that maybe Mesaba/pinnacle and Colgan are the two carriers we would need to contact because they are the only carriers currently serving the same destinations.

Can someone with an ALPA log-In be kind enough to look up the contact info for their jumpseat coordinators and pm me?

As a former pilot in the -121 world who commuted my whole career I want to again say thank-you for the kindness and professionalism of all those crews who let me hitch a ride to and from work. Maybe by helping implement this program I can give back a little bit.

Thanks again,
LXApilot

Latest resources

Back