• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need advice with TSA issue.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was on the nofly list for about six months or so.It didn't effect flying the line just DH and non rev.J/S was not a problem .Everytime I traveled as a pax the agent had to call our in house people to get the no fly off my travel locator. Finally my chief pilot found a TSA # to call.It's the PAX Ominbudsman(sp) and that did cleared it up.Or it was the thought of me delaying a NRT flight trying to DH that may have moved the company along as we came close once or twice.. that may have done it too.

pongster. check your pm

I'm curious, why PM? Curious minds wanna know, especially if any of us could use the info. I might be on that list tomorrow.

The TSA/HSA is the biggest waste of tax dollars ever conceived IMO. It was only brought about by the post-9/11 need to 'do something' and move pax screening liability issues from the airlines to the government, an agency it's almost impossible to sue should something go wrong.

I agree with stall022, get the ACLU involved. If this snafu costs you a dime, or worse, a loss of credibility with your employer, they should be held responsible. Oh, wait, the Bush zealots are taking away our ability to sue for damages. Guess we'll have to lump it! :mad:

Alas, the Greatest Security Show on Earth continues. Pay no mind to the cleaners of undetermined national origin, waltzing in the back door.......... :rolleyes:

I would be so frigging teed off, I would be unable to stand it.
I would be so hunting for a newspaper or talk show to vent my ire.

But that is just me, and I am often wrong:)

I am trying to figure out what this secondary list is..pardon my ignorance. I've had a flight attendant once with a "common" name (last name) that was on a list (i.e. smith)...ops had to call the police, who simply imputted her social security number into a handheld computer and it was verified within two minutes that she in particular was not on the wanted list...is this what we are talking about?

In this case, it did not take very long to verify, as the police had a hand-held computer that spit out the info within minutes....she said this happens all the time when she is dead-heading....

Same problem here too.

Someone with my name is on the 'deny boarding' list. If I non-rev on my own airline, they have to take my ID (drivers license) and call reservations so they can clear the computer and let me on.

So yes - I can have on my uniform and be handed the keys to an Airbus with 150 passengers in the back, and I'm trusted with their lives. Or I can request a jumpseat at the gate and sit with the guys in front of the locked door. But if I try and ride with the passengers, the TSA has a snit and puts me through the n'th degree before they'll let me on. :( :( :(

Also, Ive tried that ombudsman number. Absolutely no help there.

HAL

I guess I am paranoid, but....

Not that I ever want to side with the TSA, and I am sure they screw up all the time.... but.... How do we all know you are who you really say you are? I am not trying to be rude, but everyone is trying to help someone they don't know get aorund the TSA security procedures and get into the cockpit of an airplane. (Change your name, there's a good one.)

If Pongster is legit, and MOST likely he is, then his company and an attorney can handle this. We probably shouldn't be offering the public ways to get into a cockpit.

Anythign related to the security of our system and our aircraft needs to be kept confidential.

Just the humble opinion from a guy that has actually been over there....

Fine, but why hasn't the TSA figured out some system for letting the innocent thru? The innocent should not have to bear the burden of govt incompetence. You can bet that if a congresscritter or other important bureaucrat had a name on that list, they'd find a way to exempt him/her lickety split.

FedEx1 said:
Not that I ever want to side with the TSA, and I am sure they screw up all the time.... but.... How do we all know you are who you really say you are? I am not trying to be rude, but everyone is trying to help someone they don't know get aorund the TSA security procedures and get into the cockpit of an airplane. (Change your name, there's a good one.)

If Pongster is legit, and MOST likely he is, then his company and an attorney can handle this. We probably shouldn't be offering the public ways to get into a cockpit.

Anythign related to the security of our system and our aircraft needs to be kept confidential.

Just the humble opinion from a guy that has actually been over there....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back