Need advice with TSA issue.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pongster

I am curious if anyone out there that is a pilot for a 121 airline, like me that have found themselves on this TSA secondary security list.

My situation revolves around coming back from a trip from Cancun a few weeks ago and finding out that my name is on this list. Now my company has stated they will back me as they do know me and have comlied with all the checks required by the current regulations to be employed in this new day and age. They realize that I have been an airline pilot for over 11 years without any incident or problems over the years.

My question is what recourse do I have and am curious if there are any other airline pilots that have experienced a similar situation.

I am confident that the matter will get cleared up, however I wonder what options are available to me without going the legal route. Any information you could share would help my situation, as for now I am unable to fly because I no longer have my SIDA badge allowing me access to my plane.

I am certain the matter will get cleared up within the next month, but my worry is that what if it does not. For now I am working in the flight ops office dealing with other company related issues that are new to me and I would rather stick to doing what I know best. Being a Line pilot.

Thanks for your input and please feel free to PM me if you don't wish to share info but not in a public forum.

Bummer, I've always thought what would happen in this type of situation.

You gotta love "W's" version of freedom.

Just Curious

How did you find out your name was on this list? Did they tell you as they checked you through customs, or what?...

Ultrarunner...

They will not state why I suddenly was put on the list. I have asked numerous times. No convictions, not even a speeding ticket, let alone a more serious crime.

tuna...

Thanks for the PM.

Wingsweep....

The company infomed me that a list is issued daily. I have never been on this list till a few weeks ago. I departed on my trip and on the layover I got a call informing me of the situation. I was to DH to my base and when I got through customs the company rep and the customs folks would see in private secondary screening office due to my name being added to the list the day prior. By the way this was not my first trip to Mexico either. I ususally fly there about twice a month and have never spent more than 30 seconds going through customs.

For those that are curious, my name is not a "Middle Eastern" name but I do have a foreign name. I have made repeated requests that if the TSA wants to learn more about me to please call me for an interview or ask those that know me best. My family, friends and co-workers. To me it is something that will get cleared up because of an error but it sure is taking sometime.

Last edited:
flypdx,

Yeah I get my monthly guarentee, but I am about to start a position at our HQ till they get this resolved. It sure sucks not being in my normal office up at altitude. For now I will have to stare at a cubicle, but at least I am on the payroll.

Also, I can't JS or non-rev. But I can purchase a ticket and travel anywhere the way a regular passenger would, except I get to go through secondary screening when I do wish to travel. That is what I have been told anyway.

Wait a minute...you're on the no-fly list, buy you can still travel positive space????

this makes NO sense!

Oh, wait.. TSA....

never mind...

freaking PUKES

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back