Need advice on Citation Shares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

New Bricker

If there are any Citation Shares guys out there who wouldn't mind answering a few questions, I could really use some answers. I have seen the postings regarding the pay raises, and I know that CS is non union. But there are a few other things I'd like to know. For example:

The company website says the pilot domiciles are
BOS, HPN, EWR, BWI, ATL, MCO, FLL, MIA, ORD, DFW, DEN, LAX,
SFO, PHX, CVG, SAT, STL, BNA, MCI, IAD, SMF, LAS, IAH, CLE, GSO

Is this still the case or have the domiciles changed?
Who picks the domicile, the company or the pilot?
Can you fly any aircraft type regardless of your domicile or are they interdependent?
Can the company make you change domiciles? What about when you upgrade or change aircraft?

Is CS still actively hiring?

I know that upgrade is not seniority dependent, but what would you say is the average upgrade time?

What are the schedules like? Does it resemble NetJets 7 on, 7 off, or is it all reserve, or is more like a part 121 schedule, or something different?

How much vacation for first year, etc.?

I realize those are quite a few questions. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

1) Domiciles on website are correct and updated.

2) Pilot picks the domicile. Must live within 2 hours driving as per Mapquest.

3) You can fly any aircraft at any base, but company chooses your initial aircraft. You can put in to move to other aircraft after a couple years of service if you'd like.

4) Company hasn't made any one ever change domiciles to my knowledge.

5) CS is still hiring. There was a new indoc class Nov 28.

6) Upgrades were running 12-16 months. They are now telling new hires it will be 2+ years. I know its a vague answer, but that's all I have. Even though there is no seniority, upgrades do run by seniority for the most part with some exceptions.

7) Everyone is 7on 7off

8) One week of vacation for all pilots. After 5 years, 2 weeks

USC,

Thanks very much for the info. A couple follow up questions...

What would you say are your most favorite and least favorite things about the company?

Will they interview candidates without an internal recommendation? I haven't flown with anyone working there that I know of.

I can see that your background is civillian, but do you, or any other CS guys out there, know how CS handles military reserve time? As a pilot with a reserve unit, I fly with the reserves more than just one weekend a month. Does CS allow you to drop trips to fly with the reserves or do they expect you to only fly with the reserves on your scheduled days off? Would you say it's "military friendly"?

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me out USC.

Latest resources

Back