Need 1 hr. of Cessna 170 time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

phr8dawg

I need to ferry a C170 for a friend, but I need 1 hour dual in make/model to do it. If you own one and are a current CFI and are within a few states of Michigan, I'll come to you and compensate you for all expenses. The aircraft I'll be moving was donated to a charity. I have 400-500 tailwheel and a current CFI. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
San Diego Conventional Gear

If the deal goes through, the flight will originate in El Centro, east of San Diego. Do you know any tailwheel jockeys competent in a C170 down there?This is an insurance requirement for a ferry permit, although we might get the annual done instead. Its all...uh...up in the air. (ouch) It'll be late march.

Fly safe! Pointy end forward, dirty side down (although south of the equator on a tuesday when the moon is full, its dirty side up)

Find a new insurance carrier. With that amount of tailwheel time you should qualify with no time in type. At the very most 3 t/o and ldgs with the person who's selling (or donating) it to you should cover it.

Thanks Vnugget. It might/might not get an annual and I've been around insurance disasters long enough to know that ANY variance from their terms in a ferry situation can result in null coverage which occurs right after the car-gas soaked O-ring desintegrates in the non-STCed carburetor in the no-mo-gas Cessna which then is totalled in an off-airport landing. "Gee,how did mogas get in there?"(actual quote from former owner)
(actual disaster experienced by a friend, who is OK)

So anyway, we just want to be insured and legal.

Hey SVCTA, ever see Jay Leno's Festiva with a Taurus SVO plant in the back? Or better...go youtube the Smart Car witha Hayabusa in it...
SKREEEEEEE, SKREEEEE, SKREEEEEEE Yaaaaaaa!!!
gimme, gimme!

say what?

Oh. Enjoy your flight in the 170. Talk about a hot rod.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back