• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Near Collision on Ground at Midway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he had to, quote "yell", he should have just hit the brakes.

From the right seat, If I see a conflict, I'm immediately and forcefully doing exactly what this FO did, "STOP!" while moving my feet up to the brakes in case it doesn't immediately happen. But if you want to play Monday morning QB this is Flightinfo.........

From the right seat, If I see a conflict, I'm immediately and forcefully doing exactly what this FO did, "STOP!" while moving my feet up to the brakes in case it doesn't immediately happen. But if you want to play Monday morning QB this is Flightinfo.........

yea, what he said!

That's pretty much exactly what happened. The FO was all over it, and the CA trusted him and applied full brake (before the FO could get to it).

Excellent job.

Nice job avoiding a bad one... However, I would say that all the extra comm afterwards was a waste of time and a potential source of further error. Just say "please mark the tapes" and call them when you aren't driving an airplane anymore.

Latest resources

Back