Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NE-1 Try to get seat improvment on a purchased ticket-international travel??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airgonzo

Sorry for the wrong catagory but "travel" does not look too active, I purchased an Economy ticket to Europe and was wondering about the chances/angles, on getting a better seat in the cabin? (business maybe space available)? What would the best approach be? ask the check in agents, maybe the cabin crew? I have my current 135 ID etc. but not from a "large cargo carrier" .

Just wondering if they might help a pilot out? I had to buy at least an economy ticket since we have no arrangements for jump seat with international carriers....

Thanks!!!!

Most likely, you are stuck in the back. Most airlines will put non-revs and jumpseaters in first/business before they upgrade a paying coach passenger. I have been nonrev in first while they have booted paying passengers out of the back.

I had both Delta and US Air F/A's move me up front before when I was traveling to/from Europe. Dress nice, carry your badge with you, and mention to the purser that you are on a regular ticket but are flight crew and "anything they can do" will be appreciated. Remind them of what seat you are currently in so that they can come find you if they are able to move you up front. Of course, it will depend on if the plane is full or not (which they always seem to be, especially this time of year).

And a box of chocolates or similar for them doesn't hurt either. A cheap price to pay for about a $3000 upgrade. Just my $0.02

--m

Mushroom is right on the money, one time I was commuting from Asia and passed a large box of chocolate off at the front door (had to be large, aircraft, 744) with my ticket stub in the bag, Pursor came back when she was free and said I would be glad to bring you up but you are in Levis, doh!

Latest resources

Back