Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
I'm sure that each of you are well aware of the threat to our very livelihood that the TSA's LASP poses. The NBAA has a website that each and every one of us needs to go to and send a personalized letter to our individual representatives in both the House and Senate. This issue has the potiential to effectively ground a lot of our larger business jets.

http://www.nbaa.org/advocacy/contact/?ISSUE=nbaa0024

LS

Last edited:
I just heard from my Senator's staffer. It sounds as though the rule is a done deal.

Insurance sales, here I come....anyone have the number for HR at Geico?

I received a letter two days ago from Sen. Richard Lugar's office that said, in part, the Obama Administration moratorium on all proposed and pending rules/regulations yet to take affect includes LASP.

If this thing gets green-lighted, it'll be by somebody in Obama's inner circle...and that would be proof-positive that "change you can believe in" is supplanted by "new boss, same as the old boss".

No one at FI seems to care about this. I don't know why considering how insidious it is. There have been multiple threads on this and they have gotten almost no attention. This may be the death of GA on the horizon.

I sent a letter in. This is serious stuff, all too often things happen in government and no one knows until after the fact.

No one at FI seems to care about this. I don't know why considering how insidious it is. There have been multiple threads on this and they have gotten almost no attention. This may be the death of GA on the horizon.

That's because most people who actually give a damn about bizav are on Pro Pilot World, where you can rest assured LASP has gotten a lot of attention.

In matters such as the one we are facing, a lobbyist and “direct contact with a representative” will prove more effective than 100’s of letters by pilots to their various representatives (Don’t ever email. You are better off yelling out the window of your office or home at least your neighbor MAY hear what you have to say). A coalition of aviation interests including FBO’s (legislators are plenty familiar with these) are the ones you should be rallying or coordinating efforts with. Additionally, anyone flying those in the Fortune 50 who most certainly get their calls taken or returned by their legislators or their chief of staff should be informed of the impending consequences to their ability to conduct business.

Matters such as the one in question are best negotiated in the corridors by those who can influence.

My memory of the following is very very vague and perhaps it did not happen at all, but I believe once out of the corner of my eye, I saw Frank Pelosi boarding or getting off of a private aircraft. Perhaps it was someone who resembled him. If someone had his ear I am sure his message might get to the right people. Save a lot on lobbyists as well.

Latest resources

Back