Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
Is the CAM program worth doing if you are interested in applying to a major?

I've been on the fence about whether or not to do this program. On one hand, it could help me move up in my current job or a new corporate/135 job. But would it be at all helpful for something like a United or a Delta?

On the face of it, what do I need management certification to sit in the right seat. But, it is another credential that other don't have and maybe that gives me a leg up. But could it hurt my chances by being "over qualified" (whatever that is)?

So let the obligatory personal attacks commence. .

Yip should be here any minute....

But if he doesn't show -> It won't due much in ref. to getting on at a major.

This is the "meaty part of the curve" for getting on with a major ref. the civ route.

1. 4 year degree
2. your ratings ATP MEL
3. 5K hours most of which should be 121 (of course corp/91 and 135 work but we are looking for the biggest segment)
4. of which 1000 to 1500 should be tpic
5. clean check ride and work history
6. clean drivers, criminal and credit history
7. friends, preferably check airman within said major who you have flown with to write recommendations
8. TIMING AND LUCK.

I agree that it probably would not factor that much when trying to get on with a Major. That said I would still do it. Never hurts to keep the gray matter exercised and if the Major path runs dry you are better placed to continue in the Corporate world. I know I am probably preaching to the choir but in this screwed up business it sure can't hurt to have a back up plan. Hell I am at Airways and I am thinking about taking the course.

Latest resources

Back