Navy Reserve Looking for Pilots for VR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Full of LUV

Navy reserve squadrons will be conducting a joint hiring board this winter in Jan. VR squadrons across the country are in need of new pilots. Plenty of opportunity, best odds if you live in or near the location. Junior most current are the most competitive. Here is a current listing......
VR-1 DC
VR-46 Atlanta
VR-48 DC
VR-51 Hawaii
VR-52 Pennsylvania
VR-53 DC
VR-54 New Orleans
VR-55 Oxnard
VR-56 Norfolk
VR-57 San Diego
VR-58 Jacksonville
VR-59 Fort Worth
VR-61 Whidbey
VR-62 Brunswick ME
VR-64 Pennsylvania

Those squadrons will all be hiring and they fly either C20's, C37's, C9's, C40's, or C130's..... plus some locations have C12 opportunities. PM me if you need more information.

selres question

Quick question about SELRES VR -

I know they require a minimum number of days for SELRES per month... but lets say you were trying to tread water until a civilian job opened up.... what are the max days you could work in a VR squadron per month if that was the only thing you had going?

i.e. could you make a living supporting a family just doing SELRES for say .... a year?

Quick question about SELRES VR -

I know they require a minimum number of days for SELRES per month... but lets say you were trying to tread water until a civilian job opened up.... what are the max days you could work in a VR squadron per month if that was the only thing you had going?

i.e. could you make a living supporting a family just doing SELRES for say .... a year?

Money is extremely tight now. With the current budget and cutback of allocated funds, it would be difficult to support a family with this gig as a single source of income. We have been burning through other pots of money (ADT, AT) and have been waiting for plus-ups. The FTS in our squadron are already at the "end of the FY mode" in flying as we have had to throttle back on SELRES flying/drilling. Hope this helps...

Latest resources

Back