Navy Reserve C-130 Pilots wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hercpilot

Just testing the waters here to see if there is any interest out there. VR-62, a Navy Reserve C-130 Squadron based in Brunswick Maine is actively seeking new pilots. Former Navy pilots have an easier transition but pilots from other services can be considered. The more junior the applicant the betetr the chances at this point. If there is interest out there I'll post contact info.

interesting post. i'm guessing this refers to selres recruitment? ironically, there is an fts selection board tomorrow. should have no trouble filing those herc spots if they'll take some tailhook guys vice the norm helo/prop bubbas. i could give you 5 bubbas (tailhook types) who would show up tomorrow for that gig...

The more junior the applicant the betetr the chances at this point. QUOTE said:
How junior do you need to be? Pre DH? Pre LCDR? Are we talking SELRES or TAR? I know there would be plenty of dudes out there that would be interested.

FTS Selection Board tommorow? Sunday? I think they had it the 21st, and the b*stards are not posting the results till Monday.

Last edited:
What we need is LT Selres. The point system that we use to choose pilots gives higher points for those who live local, fly for an airline, are junior ie LT, IPs. That doesn't mean you have to meet all of those, those are just the higher point getters. We'll probably have a board in June for SELRES positions that open 1 Oct. If you live in New England this is the place to fly. You can continue your Navy career, Fly all over the world and make a good bit of cash. Hope that helps clarify.

Are you looking for former Navy only? or would this be open like an Air Guard Slot for anyone to apply to?

We just picked up a prior USAF guy but to get into the Navy Reverve you have to be prior Military. For a non-prior navy guy I would think that you'de have to have some Herc experience.

Latest resources

Back