Navy Atlanta C-9 Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bill Mostellar

VR-46, Navy C-9 squadron at NAS Atlanta (Dobbins) in Marietta and is convening a pilot selection board on December 5, 2003.

Applications must be in by Nov. 21. - point of contact for what's required is our NATOPS officer, LCDR Scott Eargle, (678) 655-6336, [email protected].

They are having to ask some 0-5's leave pretty soon, so you must be 0-4 or junior. You don't have to live here - as long as you can get to the base the navy will pay for your room. So, commuters are welcome to apply.

Last edited:
I'm ignorant but... Would you be elgiable for this job if you weren't C-9 qualified but were ex Navy Aviator with civilian DC-9 time?

I've got some TWA friends who might be interested...

Thanks for your time in doing this stuff, too!TC

I don't know, just passing the info along.

Try giving LTCMDR Eargle at the unit a call.

I am in the Atlanta Squadron now. You do not have to be currently qualed in the -9, but it would help in a tie breaker. What we really look for is : reverse seniority (ie the more junior you are in the military the more time we can get out of you) they used to really like O-3's just off A.D. but those are getting hard to find. Next is you need to be affiliated with the reserves already, it takes a while for your paper work to go through so we like you to be a full up round when we pick you up so that we can send you to FSI soon. Living local is a big plus, but not a show stopper as long as you can get to ATL consistenly (J.S./non-Rev). Recency of flight time and type of time is considered but we have picked up helo guys with civilian time also. This are pretty much the highlights. Give Scott a call for the particulars of a package to submit.
PM if you have any particular questions about the command, flying, and how much $$ you can earn.
Good luck,
Mike

Thanks, Mike. I'm not prior service but I posted it on a TWA Pilot's site--I know several of our furloughed guys are ex-C-9 people.TC

We already have some in a couple of squadrons. It has become a budget issue for funding for more. Also, the -9 is more compatable for certain missions that the 73 is not and vice versa. So to answer your question, some have been swapped and almost all of the remaining -9's have an avioncs mode and are RVSM compliant.
Mike

Latest resources

Back