Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
I have an immediate need for a full-time Navajo Pilot. The position is home based with lots of travel.

The position is with a mapping company that hubs out of Mississippi. They perform LiDar mapping in the US for government and private organizations. The missions are all-season, night/day, low level mountainous/ non-mountainous terrain survey flights.

We are looking for a full-time pilot, not a timebuilder. Serious inquiries only. You must be a competent pilot and be able to handle unfamiliar airports and situations regularly. Being able to adapt is key.

You must be able to get along with your co-workers. No buttheads or know-it-alls. You will be on the road for 1-4 weeks at a time with the same people, your operators and support team. If you're cool, this job is for you. This is a small company and everyone must like you.

Requirements:

Legal to work in the US
1000TT, 1500 pref
25 hours Navajo, any model (mandatory)
Instrument rating.
Be able to drink beer (not kidding)

Pay:
$100 a day minimum pay (weather, mx, etc)
$50 a flight hour (over 2 hours flight is all overage above the min pay) The more you fly, the more you make.
$167 a day per diem (non-taxable)
You must cover all expenses on mission (rental car, food, hotel) that is what the per diem is for. You will come out on top if you spend properly!
Travel to the aircraft will be cover by the company with airfare from your home or nearby airport.

PM me with questions or intent to apply. I will take resumes to my email.

Good luck, this is a good one.

Dang, if my situation were different I'd be on that like frat boys on a freshly tapped keg.

What if you can drink beer REALLY well, but when you do you become a know it all?

High Pay is a relative statement. I was gettng 210 a day + 50 an hour for Navajo work in Alaska, and free housing in company properties. That was several years ago, pay has gone up a bit from that. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

For those considering, I really like the Navajo. Great airplane that has saved my butt several times my skill couldn't cover my judgement. Wish they were still making them.

Good luck,

Ronin

Latest resources

Back