• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Pilot Academy RNO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you can find any experienced instructors in that area (on the field) I'm sure they can give you the inside scoop.. FBO's can get you some numbers... one thing to remember is the instructors are not very experienced most just started flying less than a year ago so they probably havn't even flown in all the seasons yet... a lot of money for so little experience... the owners(founders) don't have any experience either.. they claim it through daddy who does work for a regional but neither of them have even a commercial lic. they were advertising multi training for a long time but they did that just to find business, they never actually had one... most students went to ATP to get the multi done...
one of the reasons you are not going to see a lot of people giving you info on them in this site is they are not as big as they advertise... when I was with them they started a new training facility in St. George but they didn't actually do anything there... thay had no classroom, or anything on the airport.. they just moved a plane there when they would find enough business and when they didn't think it was worth it anymore they would move the plane back to CDC and make the students drive... If your friend does decide to go to NPA make sure they actually have some sort of infastructure there so they can't just bail when they lose a little business.. they will xpect him to drive and believe me they will expect him to use his money with them if a loan is the primary funding

Yes, that's why Iam asking if anyone has had a good experience. I'm just trying to get all the information I can to help the guy out. My friend lives in South Lake Tahoe, he wants to get some decent training and still be able to commute to school. If anyone has any suggestions for that area I would love to hear from you.
Thanks

If your friend doesn't want to do it the FBO way then I suggest he drive down the mountain and go through ATP in Sacramento, housing included and the price was almost the same as NPA who's only single engine.

What makes you think that an 'FBO training' is not going to be decent. ATP is nothing but a certificate factory.
The place you mentioned in the original post is even worse. I called them up and asked them ' how do you guarantee?' some bimbo told me 'all of our grads got hired' .. but that's not guarantee.. So, she decided to transfer me to their 'director' and when i asked the question, he used the f* word and hung up on me.

Places like national academy is the reason why you have bad apples in this industry.

What makes you think that an 'FBO training' is not going to be decent. ATP is nothing but a certificate factory.
The place you mentioned in the original post is even worse. I called them up and asked them ' how do you guarantee?' some bimbo told me 'all of our grads got hired' .. but that's not guarantee.. So, she decided to transfer me to their 'director' and when i asked the question, he used the f* word and hung up on me.

Places like national academy is the reason why you have bad apples in this industry.

Well then, you sound like you know the local flight schools/FBOs prety well. Where would you recomend.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back