Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

critical mach

Hello...................

Do any readers know the address for the Pilot Records custodian for the bankrupt National Airlines in Las Vegas\LAS ???

National shut down in November 2002.

I need to get my records for employment verification and try to get my training records for a upcoming B-757 interview.

Any assistance will be most appreciated.

Critical Mach

Hello...................

Do any readers know the address for the Pilot Records custodian for the bankrupt National Airlines in Las Vegas\LAS ???

National shut down in November 2002.

I need to get my records for employment verification and try to get my training records for a upcoming B-757 interview.

Any assistance will be most appreciated.

Critical Mach

PRIA goes back more than 10 years?

I worked there too. I always put down the old corporate address on the PRIA form and let HR figure it out.

6020 Spencer Street
Las Vegas, NV 89119

Gaile Omori was the direct of HR.

The previous poster was correct. PRIA only goes back 10 years.

PRIA is 5 years. All the hiring company has to do is show they requested the records from the previous employer. If they shut down in 2002 they do not need to be included in a PRIA request.

I have your records. Just send me one meeeeelllion dollllarssss...

Srsly, just put down the last known address. Background usually goes 10 years, and as noted, PRIA only goes 5.

Carriers are allowed to make a good-faith request and if a carrier is long gone, you should be okay. You might try calling the FSDO that oversaw the certificate, though. They may know who the custodian is if it ends up mattering for some reason.

Like everyone else has said, PRIA is 5 years, hiring company just has to make an effort to retrieve which can be a certified letter or fax request. The background check I make sure they know company is out of business and usually just put down someone I flew with that was there or that knows my status at the time (and I tell them they may be getting a verification call). Unfortunately, in this industry there are hundreds of companies that have gone out of business, so shouldn't be that big of deal.

Latest resources

Back