Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheCheat

4 8 15 16 23 42
Does anyone have any info on jobs with NASCAR teams? I met a guy last week who was telling me about his job with Michael Waltrip Racing and it got me very interested in that sort of job. I can't seem to find any sort of info on team websites or anywhere else, even the almighty google.

Thanks

Isn't that a relatively new team? I'd be a little nervous about their performance racing this year... see how they do and if the sponsers all stick it out. They have new cars (Toyota) and new drivers (to cup series anyway).

Cheat,
There was a thread on here a little while back about the "Nascar Airforce", lots of good info if I remember correctly. Based on your profile the 1900 type is a good thing as there are some teams operating 1900s, Hendericks or Roush I think, but dont quote me on it. Lots of activity in Concord NC (JQF) and Statesville, NC (SVH). Other than that i dont have much info to offer you. If you live near a city that is having a race soon, go out to the FBO and start talking to some of these guys. I'm sure they will fill you in on the good, the bad and the ugly.

I have flown the NASCAR people around for many years. I started flying for a team and moved onto flying a Lear for a cup driver. If you like racing and airplanes you will love it (except of being gone every Sunday) Most pilots leave on Thursday and then catch a ride back to the Charlotte area on one of the many team airplanes that come back to bring the over the wall crew members on Sunday. Do not worry about getting on with a new team as long as they have solid sponsorship. For example, Michael Waltrip has 3 new teams and sponsorship for 5 years. Also once you get hired working for one team or driver it is easy to move to a different team if you need to in the future. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get hired by just sending a resume. If you have races in your area go to the airport that is closest to the track on Sunday and introduce yourself. There are lots of King Airs, EMB-120s, Saab 2000s, a couple ERJs, you name it we fly it. Good luck!

Cheat,
There was a thread on here a little while back about the "Nascar Airforce", lots of good info if I remember correctly. Based on your profile the 1900 type is a good thing as there are some teams operating 1900s, Hendericks or Roush I think, but dont quote me on it. Lots of activity in Concord NC (JQF) and Statesville, NC (SVH). Other than that i dont have much info to offer you. If you live near a city that is having a race soon, go out to the FBO and start talking to some of these guys. I'm sure they will fill you in on the good, the bad and the ugly.

1900's are almost all gone in favor of EMB-120's and CRJ's!
Good Luck,
KBB

Latest resources

Back