NASCAR Airforce ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To add to all the confusion ... :D

I thought I heard/saw the Petty family (not the team) in a Jet Commander/Westwind at GSO? My girlfriend works with the pilot's wife ... I'll have to ask ...

Didn't the Petty race charter shut down and lay all the pilots off, and weren't they flying JS31s at one time?

I though I saw RCR at EXX in a non-descript E120, looked like an old Skywest (red and alum.) and also a couple King Airs. Are the black E120s new? I also was told they were getting two Hawkers ... but you know rumours ...

Doesn't Michael Andretti fly an old Jetstar?

Minh Thong
(A veritable wellspring of completely useless speculation and dumb questions)

Here is a list of team's and their a/c as far as I know.

DEI- two emb 120's and a lear

RCR- two emb 120's,a saberliner and one or two king air's

Evernham- has at least one emb 120

Bill davis- has a 1900 and a king air

Ganassi- has one 1900 and is looking at a saab 320

mark martin- CJ2

Michael Waltrip- a king air

Bodine- has a lear

wallace- has a lear

Blaney- Cheyenne three

Sadler- Cheyenne two

Rousch- has 3 727's and a few toys including a nice P51 Mustang

There are always a bunch of chatered planes and king airs that fly some of the teams/ drivers in.

Hey Otter did you used to work for US motorsports for DK ulrich

otterfo. I'll find out what my friend was talking about as far as John Andretti's plane. He was supposed to fly for him but fell through. He's still with Ultra though.

Hey Race Pilot,

Those pics are great! they look exactly like the ones i took last year when i was home in ELM ;) I saw alot of new a/c this yr when they were here in DAB. Do you have any photo's of the inside of jack's 727's? I've heard a few stories about them.

Roush Aircraft pictures

Elmira all right. Those were from last August up at The Glen. Good eye. Got some of the glider ride also but didn't put them in the album.

Roush aircraft pictures are below. I need to take some more with my new camera as some of these are a little dark. The first ones are of the race plane and the later ones are one of the planes we use for charters. http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=276562200758_47215440503&US=0&collid=69055440503

Last edited:
One of the a/c sales mags is advertising a Jetstar owned by Michael and Mario Andretti for sale.

I was in Owensboro KY a few days ago. Richard Childress was on his way out in a Brasilia with "RCR" and a checkered flag stenciled on the tail.

Kenny Schrader...

My uncle grew up racing with Kenny, and he comes up here 2 or 3 times a year to visit. IIRC, he flies his own Citation V.

Cheers,

-Andrew

F/O-

I think the Jetstar is in Executive Controller. It lives in our hangar. Those underwing tanks are HUGE. Supposedly, Mario and son live out near the Nazareth Speedway, visible to you on the approach to runway 24.

When I was at GSO a couple of months ago, Richard Petty taxied up in a King Air.... with the trademark hat, too. Just as his reputation would suggest, he waved back when I waved from the cockpit window of the 55 as he walked to his car. I remember watching Richard when they were racing stock cars.

Does anyone know when they changed from a true "stock" car to the frame and body race machines they use today? Was it 1973?

Latest resources

Back