• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"NASA" Reports may go public...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks to the folks that have let this happen. I am sure we all know who they are.

That was ALPA, right? Its amazing how every pilot group just folded like a cheap lawn chair when mgmt tried to play them and succeeded.

It was so obvious at the time that they were bluffing to the extreme. Wise up everybody!!

There is no way in hell I would have fallen for all they're BS for one second. If I were one of the union leaders I would have exposed them and gone to they're personal residents and organized a massive demonstration, outside they're door, to show how dishonest they were.

It is amazing the weakness that just about every union showed in standing up to them. Past generations of proud pilots are weeping in they're graves at the lack of fortitude these spineless so called unions showed.

So sad

Last edited:
That was ALPA, right? Its amazing how every pilot group just folded like a cheap lawn chair when mgmt tried to play them and succeeded.

It was so obvious at the time that they were bluffing to the extreme. Wise up everybody!!

There is no way in hell I would have fallen for all they're BS for one second. If I were one of the union leaders I would have exposed them and gone to they're personal residents and organized a massive demonstration, outside they're door, to show how dishonest they were.

It is amazing the weakness that just about every union showed in standing up to them. Past generations of proud pilots are weeping in they're graves at the lack of fortitude these spineless so called unions showed.

So sad

Thank you for your rambling, incoherent diatribe. Put the bottle down and step away from your computer.

...The AP learned about the NASA results from one person familiar with the survey who spoke on condition of anonymity because this person was not authorized to discuss them...
I just despise these sneaky little rat-weasel cowards who slither off to the media with their little burning secrets and their "conditions of anonymity."

Just announced:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Under Pressure, NASA Will Release Pilot Safety Survey[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Relenting to mounting public and congressional pressure, NASA Administrator Michael Griffin reversed course and announced yesterday that his agency would indeed release the results from the National Aviation Operations Monitoring Service (NAOMS) project, an $11.3 million aviation safety survey. The NAOMS project began in 1998 to facilitate a data-driven approach to aviation system safety analysis, and actual data was collected between April 2001 and December 2004. During that time, the project team surveyed some 24,000 airline pilots and about 5,000 general aviation pilots, according to Griffin’s testimony yesterday before the House Committee on Science and Technology. NASA earlier refused to release the data because it might “affect the public confidence in, and the commercial welfare of, the air carriers and general aviation companies.” Addressing this, Griffin told lawmakers, “I regret any impression that NASA was in any way trying to put commercial interests ahead of public safety. That was not and never will be the case.” NASA plans to release a final report based on the study by year-end.
[/FONT]

As for the poster who questioned corrections to the concept that ASRS reports are being released; in common pilot vernacular, "NASA Reports" is the terminology most often applied to the ASRS program. The original poster stated that NASA Reports May Go Public, suggesting by inference that the ASRS program may be in danger of a breach of confidence...something that has never occured.

i dont see where anyone is saying or suggesting this is ASRS info yet two people seem to need to straighten the OP out. maybe i'm missing something, could someone please show me where its being suggested this is ASRS info?

How unfortunate that you find clarification offensive.

Just announced:

As for the poster who questioned corrections to the concept that ASRS reports are being released; in common pilot vernacular, "NASA Reports" is the terminology most often applied to the ASRS program. The original poster stated that NASA Reports May Go Public, suggesting by inference that the ASRS program may be in danger of a breach of confidence...something that has never occured.

ok, i can see where you got confused and made a mistake... you tried to correct someone without actually reading the post first. either that or you think that he was too stupid to read and comprehend the article and you're the only one smart enough to do so.

you see, if you read the article (which is the original post), you'll see its pretty clear that its NOT the ASRS program. there were no suggestions by inference.. only assumptions made.

How unfortunate that you find clarification offensive.

ha! you call that clarification? more like beating a path to state the obvious.

If the results of this safety survey are released, that will mean that much more sophmoric questions we'll have to field from passengers every single freaking day.

Latest resources

Back