• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

NASA goes back to moon

viper548

Total Time
I heard _______(insert your least favorite regional) offered to do it for $102B

jetexas

Total Time
Eagles contract expires in 2013. Maybe they will use that for leverage on our new one then? "Sign this or you won't be able to go to the moon".

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
viper548 said:
I heard _______(insert your least favorite regional) offered to do it for $102B
The bad news is, next day air don't do anybody any good on the moon.

minitour

so...we're going to the moon to look for ice and to find out how to make water?

...I can do that right here and save you 102.99B

"why" are we going back?

-mini

Pugh

Droopy Member
Total Time
I'm all for NASA and space exploration, but when we go back to places we've already been and at the same time spend $103 billion dollars on it, I am lost trying to find a reason to back to the moon. Is it really so hard to believe that the moon is just a big rock and nothing else? Is it really worth $103 billion to go back to a rock using nearly the same technology we used in the '60s? Food for thought.

PaulThomas

Total Time
In the 60's we did pure exploration, this time arround it's more about research, and probably some classified defence/attack stuff.

Most of the things NASA does in space end up being used down here, so everything is not lost.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
minitour said:
so...we're going to the moon to look for ice and to find out how to make water?

...I can do that right here and save you 102.99B

"why" are we going back?

-mini
That's funny, because water is the stuff I spill on the floor when I remember the recipe for making ice cubes...just ask Mrs. FAL! Maybe the NASA dudes should come on over...I'll show em life on another planet! :D