• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NAS info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I know nothing about NAS...but for what it is worth, ran into a furloughed AA guy in Dubai last year who was a G4 captain for them....said he loved it, and would never return to the US, etc, etc.....I think he mentioned 140K/year, and a lot of time off, (maybe month on, month off?).... etc.....but then again have read bad stuff about them as well, so who knows...

(I do remember visiting the web site out of curiosity, as he said they were hiring for the G and the Hawker....looked a bit like a high school computer class designed it)....

Just a random post and encounter, so take it for what it is worth.....The plane looked clean, does that count for anything?....

How is life in Saudi Arabia, anything to watch out for in the middle east? etc etc....

Yea, when your in the middle east, gotta watch out when you visit Chilies/Applebees/Tony Romas/KFC/BK/Mcdnls/Outback Steakhouse/Ruth Chris/Starbucks, etc....Because they might not have exactly the same menu as back in the US, but it's pretty damn close...close enough....and maybe no booze...

Don't let the nay-sayers scare you aware, it isn't as scary as some make it out to be, just a little hotter than usual.....

But I always travel with my fully automatic Hungarian AK-47, just in case...you never know....and some frag-grenades....

Yes, as people in the middle east usually poop on the street. Maybe the upper class squats over the toilet bowl.

Nas

Nas has an airbus operation based from Riyadh, operates to Jeddah and Dammam, some charter work, NAS is also involved with NJME, which is the G-4 guy, on the 35 on 31 schedule. Make sure you get it clear on who you are talking to. To you international guys, (maybe), squat toilets are common throughout the ME and all of Asia, stretching from Beirut all the way to Japan. I never, ever say an Arab dropping one in the street, and unless you have regularly used the squat toilet, yea it looks weird. Every third world country has it's third world attitude, you should be use to it by NOW, and does not really belong on these aviation threads.

Used plenty of 'squat toilets' in an Eastern Hamam from time to time. Never have come across anyone using the facilities in the in the street. Probably would get arrested here for that sort of behavior. On that note, I will say I've never been sick (knock on wood) other than the occasional cha-cha every now and then. Maybe something in my diet/water. Even the real sh|thole hole-in-the-wall looking restaurants must have some sort of reasonable sanitation standards.

Latest resources

Back