NAS info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pdub20s

Anybody know anything about NAS? Got a email today describing what they offer and what not. They said something about 5 consecutive days off a month.That sounds unreal.Maybe i misread it.. But i need a non biased opinion. How is life in Saudi Arabia, anything to watch out for in the middle east? etc etc....

Info in the Middle East forum on pprune.org. Good luck. TC

Saudi

Saudi is safe enough, all compounds that house expats are well guarded, check points, machine guns, tanks, the usual stuff. Inside the compounds, and that depends on the compound, life is kinda normal. Outside, the hardest thing is the really stupid drivers and you do get tired of going to the mall or a shop or a gasoline station and it is closed during for prayer, which is 5 times a day. The Saudi's themselves are okay on a one to one situation, everybody else is an expat worker, Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladesh, Filipino, Syrians, all trying to make a life in the Merry Kingdom. As far as NAS, I would research that well using PPrune, I believe there is the usual Saudi management problems there.

Good Luck:)

Their 190's are parked right now in RUH not flying, I am pretty interested in the job, all things considered, but only if I see them fly...

Probably the usual reasons: unstable schedule, not enough days off, wacky management, "FAR's" exist but not followed by management--and you're called on the carpet when you try to adhere to the written rules, etc.

Those are usually the culprits when you get a blanket "stay away" from the other side of the world.

If there's a good deal out there in expat land, you will hear about it. TC

To the contrary. It's the good deals you generally don't hear about. Some actually exist in Saudi and other parts of the world. Not necessarily airlines, but flying big airplanes.

TP

TP--Good point. I started running through my head some of the "secret good deals" out there--especially in corporate/contract and I thought I should retract my statement. TC

Anybody know anything about NAS? Got a email today describing what they offer and what not. They said something about 5 consecutive days off a month.That sounds unreal.Maybe i misread it.. But i need a non biased opinion. How is life in Saudi Arabia, anything to watch out for in the middle east? etc etc....

Nothing to watch out for, it is a safe place that embraces American values.

Latest resources

Back