• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NAS Airlines - Saudi Arabia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try 20 year ALPA members, who your gay little airline is screwing out of a job.

Only NOW did you get 20 yr senior pilots coming to your airline, because no one else is hiring. Still doesn't change the fact you work for a scumbag operation, initially starte as an alter-ego non union carrier to bust the TSA group.

And on a sidenote, how is my airline screwing someone out of a job?

While my airline was hiring, no one else was being laidoff. While your company was hiring (goJets), your parent company was laying off TSA pilots. At THAT time, your carrier was non-union, and TSA was union (ALPA). Like I said, scumbag operation you are. You are dirt. No, you are worse than dirt.

Oh please. You fly a CR7 for sh*t wages...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...Go crawl back to your hole, scum.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...Still doesn't change the fact you work for a scumbag operation...blah, blah, blah... Like I said, scumbag operation you are. You are dirt. No, you are worse than dirt.

Looks like the children woke up from their nap, again.

And what would THAT be? Cancel your pensions? Force paycuts? Take you to bankruptcy court, throw out your labor contracts, and get an injunction to stop you from striking? Draconian schedules? Overworked, underpaid? Did I mention cancelled pensions? And furloughed with no end in sight?

Is THAT what you meant? Cause that's how some of these legacies have been doing to pilots in the good ol USA.

No, that is childs play compared to slavery and indentured servitude, which does go on there. While it is not with pilots, it is with cheap foreign labor that is abused more than you can possibly imagine.

A Canadian pilot came to fly for Saudia as a GIII pilot, housed in "secure" company housing during training. He was found stabbed to death in his apartment, an apparent "suicide." Some 30 times, in the back.

I was assured by a representative there that it was indeed a suicide.

Very flexible and determined, those Canadians.

AvBug. I am sorry, but I was in the Saudia City Motel when that happened in 2006. I saw the covered body removed with my own eyes.

He had arrived on a Friday. Friday night he was reported as walking around the motel in a "strange state" the motel staff twice had to show him where his room was. The following day (Saturday) he left his room to go to go and get food and to make a call to his wife from the "lobby area".

He went back to his room and he was found the next afternoon. My sim partner (Egyptian) had the room directly across the 3 foot hallway from this guys room. He heard nothing through out the night.

An American MD-11 FO had the room directly underneath this mans. He heard nothing throughout the night.

The Canadian in question was 6'2 and weighed well over 200 lbs.

He left a note written in English.

I talked to the VP of the compound as all of this was going down. He originally asked me for some assistance in contacting the family of the man. He was a french Canadian and I speak french (as it turned out I didn't help with the call). The VP of housing (who did see the body) stated that the man had 4-5 superficial cuts to the chest area. He had one big cut/stab to the neck. He also said there were no signs of a struggle in the room.

When the family of the man was contacted by Saudia, the wife did not express surprise, she just wanted to make arrangements for the return of the body.

The body was almost immediately turned over to the Canadian Consulate in Jeddah for transportation. The Canadians did conduct an autopsy and it was ruled a suicide. I learned that from a contact at the Canadian Consulate.

While alive, the Canadian spent less than 48 hours in Saudi Arabia.

My family had joined me on the same flight as this guy. I was somewhat concerned and followed the proceedings pretty close.

The Dutch guy in the apartment next to this guy was pretty freaked out. He did a oneway jumpseat out the next afternoon.

The Bangledesh cleaner that found the body was detained by the Saudi police for about 5 days to a week. I should mention that he was 120 pounds and less than 5'4.

Nothing to see here. Next.........

Last edited:
Nothing to see here. Next.........

991 suspected militants indicted in Saudi Arabia

By DONNA ABU-NASR, Associated Press Writer Donna Abu-nasr, Associated Press Writer – Tue Oct 21, 4:26 am ET

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi authorities have indicted 991 suspected militants on charges that they participated in terrorist attacks carried out in the kingdom over the last five years, the interior minister said Tuesday.

The legal proceedings mark a significant step in Saudi Arabia's fight against terror. Authorities had been reluctant to hold trials for terrorism charges that could result in death sentences until they had shown the public that every effort had been made to give the men a chance to repent.

"In the past few years, the kingdom has been the target of an organized terrorist campaign linked to networks of strife and sedition overseas," said Interior Minister Prince Nayef in his statement carried by The Saudi Press Agency.

"This campaign targeted the way of life, economy and principles of Saudi society and sought to create chaos," he added. "It has direct links to a deviant group that adopts the (mind-set) of al-Qaida."

The militants have been responsible for more than 30 attacks in the kingdom since May 2003, Nayef said. Those attacks killed 164 people, including 74 security officials, and wounded 657 security officials and 439 civilians.

Another 160 attacks were foiled.

Nayef's statement did not specify whether all the suspects were in custody or their nationalities.
The government fears a public backlash against its crackdown if it takes overly harsh measures against the militants, and it wants to avoid accusations that it is just trying to please the United States.
There is some sympathy for Saudis who leave the country to perform jihad in occupied Muslim countries. Many of those who have returned from imprisonment in Guantanamo Bay or Iraq have been placed in rehabilitation programs to encourage them to renounce terrorism.

Nayef said the militants' actions have affected the reputation of Islam and charity work, "attaching the label of terrorism to Islam and Muslims."

Nayef said that three tons of explosives have been seized from the militants. Thousands of missiles, automatic weapons, pistols, rifles, as well as cyanide, have also been seized, he said.
Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, has pursued an aggressive campaign against militants since May 2003, when they first began their strikes in the kingdom. Subsequent attacks targeted oil installations, government buildings and other compounds.

There have been no major attacks since February 2006, when suicide bombers tried but failed to attack an oil facility at the Abqaiq oil complex, the world's largest oil processing facility, in eastern Saudi Arabia.

It was not clear from the statement whether the trials would start immediately or be delayed until December after al-Adha feast, as has been written in some newspapers.

Saudi Arabia has an aggregate population of approximately 28 million people.

The US, by comparison, has nearly 304 million.

In Saudi Arabia, most of the population can be ruled out as targets of terrorism. Go there as an expat, and you can count on being part of the few who are on the list of targets, simply by being there.

While there, I knew a number of expats who kept their head in the sand, some of whom would say they felt just as safe and secure in Riyadh as they did in say, Seattle. The difference is that while in Seattle anybody could be victim to random crime, in Saudi arabia only a handful of the people are likely to be victims, and they're also targets by a much larger percentage of people who aren't just random criminals, but dedicated terrorists.

Yes, many expats live there in varying degrees of safety...but one should never think of anywhere in the middle east as safe.

For the few weapons and personnel that have been included in this capture and indictment...think of how much has yet to be discovered.

Latest resources

Back