NAS Airlines - Saudi Arabia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FoxHound:

What contract company is that with? I saw the terms of a position with Nasair through Flight Crew Solutions and it's not as good as the one you have described.

Thanks!

Most of the info I was given was from word of mouth and some was from bits and pieces on the forums. If it's wrong I'm sorry for forwarding bad information.

The mins are really exciting, 1000 total time to fly an Airbus or an EMB190. However what good is all that if you're dead? Watch the movie The Kingdom before you think about moving to Saudi Arabia.

The mins are really exciting, 1000 total time to fly an Airbus or an EMB190. However what good is all that if you're dead? Watch the movie The Kingdom before you think about moving to Saudi Arabia.

GoJets scum is worried about others' well-being? I didn't see you so concerned when you took your GoJets job while screwng over fuloughed TSA iplots.

Yah, and only 500TT to fly a shiny CRJ-700 at your scumbag operation called GoJets!

GoJets scum is worried about others' well-being? I didn't see you so concerned when you took your GoJets job while screwng over fuloughed TSA iplots.

You're a dumbass scumbag lowly CRJ pilot who flys CRJ9 for shi!! wages and has no idea what you're talking about. Keep spewing the lies moron, no one was furloughed because of Gojet. And how does that screw over TSA pilots since they HAVE NOTHING to do with GJ and will never be able to fly GJ airplanes. Idiot.

Strongly considering taking this job. We all know the problems with Saudi in general, but what exactly is NAS Air doing that is giving them such a bad name especially on the PPRUNE forum? I need to make a decision very soon, so I'd like honest opinions.

Thank you

You're a dumbass scumbag lowly CRJ pilot who flys CRJ9 for shi!! wages and has no idea what you're talking about. Keep spewing the lies moron, no one was furloughed because of Gojet. And how does that screw over TSA pilots since they HAVE NOTHING to do with GJ and will never be able to fly GJ airplanes. Idiot.
Yah, and only 500TT to fly a shiny CRJ-700 at your scumbag operation called GoJets!
Gentlemen, if you're going to sound like 14 year olds, perhaps your discussion would best be taken back to the regional forum with the other high school students.

Professionals don't usually talk like teenagers...and you do. Let's grow up, shall we? You might try keeping on topic, too...this is a discussion about flying (and living) in Saudi Arabia.

Strongly considering taking this job. We all know the problems with Saudi in general, but what exactly is NAS Air doing that is giving them such a bad name especially on the PPRUNE forum? I need to make a decision very soon, so I'd like honest opinions.

Thank you

NAS is an umbrella company covering several entities. I interviewed for, and was offered a job with NJME, several years ago. I didn't take the job. I turned it down three times, in fact. NJME is part of NAS, though even Net Jets doesn't claim them. You're right that information about what goes on there is kept tight to the vest, and I prefer not to provide much except to say I strongly recommend you look elsewhere.

I worked for someone else while there, but worked around and interacted with the NAS people, as well as used some of their services. You might have low standards and find working there acceptable, but I think you, and most who give it a try, will be disappointed. I'm not referring to living there...that's another subject entirely. Living in country isn't entirely objectionable, although it is not and never will be safe. I'm referring to NAS specifically, and suggest that if there is no other job on the face of the earth, you reserve it for your last choice.

With respect to living there, I was fortunate to know and work with some excellent people, as well as make some good friends who remain there. My circumstances have changed somewhat, and were I single and able to be gone as extensively as I have in the past, I might consider working in the Kingdom again...but I wouldn't do it with NAS. I've turned down employment with several other operations there since, based soley on the merits of each.

When I interviewed for NJME, it took place at a well known sim facility. The staff was coordial and professional in the inteview itself, though when it came time for the sim, the DO acted as the sim handler...and he had no experience at all with the aircraft in type. It was a bit of a circus, and the interview lasted over 14 hours. One individual who crashed the simulator on his eval flight was offered a job. I was offered a job, but the pay was different for each person, and mine wasn't acceptable, nor were the terms that included a three year contract.

The job entailed 35 days on and 31 days off, with travel on the off days, their expense. They operated under Part 135 with N registered airplanes, but when pilots timed out they quit operating under Part 135 and went Part 91. They operated into places that US Citizens shouldn't operate, and said they would "try" to put Saudi pilots on those trips. "Try" wasn't the same as "will."

Pay and reimbursement were not acceptable and took too long. I was required to pay the trip to the interview and the hotel, then put in for reimbursement. I did, but it was about two and a half months before I got it back. Some reports among others there regarded the same with paychecks. Economy class travel. Several of the hotels used were bombed.

When at the interview, I met several pilots who were coming to the sim center for recurrent. When I approached them to ask them about the job, early in the morning when no one was around, they all turned their backs and said over their shoulder that they were afraid to talk about the job, and wouldn't discuss it.

I did a fair amount of reseach on NJME before the interview...and found less information on them than I had with a covert operation some years previously...the covert operation I came up with several hundred pages of notes including photographs, aircraft serial numbers, forward operating locations and staffing numbers and names..but couldn't get hardly a thing with NJME. That alone should tell you something. It's not a matter of privacy...what you can get is negative. Same for much of the rest of NAS.

When I went to work in the Kingdom I had plenty of opportunity to associate with NAS personnel, and never met anyone who was happy to be there. To be clear, when I say happy to be there, I don't mean Saudi Arabia...I mean NAS.

You do what you feel is best...but if that little voice is telling you to shop somewhere else, you should listen to it.

Last edited:
In addition to what Avbug said. NAS is run separately from NJME, they have their own operating certificate and operations management. They have had 2 EMB's for awhile, both of which have been parked and not moved for over 2 months. Yesterday, I was in RUH and saw that one was finally out flying.

They were having a hard time getting their EMB manuals approved by the Saudi version of the FAA. It looks like they got the approval and are now moving forward.

The A320's have been operating for about the past year. Recently, they dumped a whole bunch of their domestic routes in order to focus on the more profitable international markets.

NAS is operated as part 121. The Saudi's have there own oversight (PCA), but have basically accepted the FAR's as the governing document.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back