• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Name the Jet Pack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:eek: That's crazy! The dude straps eight model airplane turbojets worth $25,000 to a duct tape backpack, and asks big bux for naming rights. These engines are not a NASA or Lockheed Martin product, and tend to flame out. Imagine losing one of the eight. Bit of an imbalance? Ouch!

That must do wonders for the ears. Sort of like taking off your helmet and putting your ear against the intake of a T-37. :eek:

Ladies and gentleman, the 2006 winner of the Darwin Awards!

EagleRJ said:
Ladies and gentleman, the 2006 winner of the Darwin Awards!

Dude, you beat me to it.

I wonder if his next of kin will take the time to update the website after Richard is dead or severely injured? One does not need to be an engineer to look at the design and realize it will never fly under control.

If you want a jet pack, the only proven configuration is 100% pure hypdrogen peroxide passing through a silver mesh screen catalyst to produce high temperature and velocity gas.

That thing will not end well.

Last edited:
avbug said:
That must do wonders for the ears. Sort of like taking off your helmet and putting your ear against the intake of a T-37. :eek:

Take a look at the photo of him wearing the jetpack. I'm not sure how hot those things get or the temps from the exhaust, but he reminds me of the guy in the video that was posted around here not too long ago that stuck the bottle rocket in his ass.

the tool of tools.....

Read the Q&A in the EBay ad-- parts of it are priceless!

Latest resources

Back