• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Naked Pinnacle pilot on Letterman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah.... There was a day where the rest of the professional pilot community would not have rallied around this poor guy's indiscretion.

A few quick questions to all of you joining in the fray here....

-Did you ever push the 12 hour rule just a little bit???

-Did you ever get naked with your wife/girlfriend/friend of the day is a semi-public place?

-Did you ever in your life run from the cops? Did you ever in your life feel like you were about to have to run from the cops?

If this guy hadn't gotten caught and you had heard about his escapades from a "friend of a friend", how many of you would have been standing in line to give him a high five for "gettin' some"???

Why, exactly, do we feel the need to "pile on" when one of ours gets his name in the paper for a little bad judgement?? Yeah, he f'ed up. It happens. Harping on it and ranting away about "professionalism" doesn't help the situation, especially when many of you haven't been in the working world nearly long enough to know what professionalism is and what professionalism isn't....

Non-pilots and media types do read this website. While I understand that many of you have not been around long enough to fully witness the beating our profession has taken over the past seven years, is it too much to ask that you show a little restraint, show some support for your fellow pilots, and not contribute to the continuing effort to degrade what we do for a living??

It's called decorum. Look it up.

The reason people "pile on" is because they want to send the clear message that we, as their peers, do not find this to be respectable behavior. A "little bad judgement"? Are you kidding me? This is exactly what I'm talking about. If we all had your attitude about it then it would reinforce this rediculous idea that it is somehow "cool" to act that way. It isn't.
And there you go again PCL 128. You say in one thread that you codemn this type of behavior and then you turn around in another and want to have a pitty party for somebody that has phenomenally poor decision making ability. You make the bed you sleep in. I refuse to support somebody that behaves that way. Doing so condones it. There's a big difference between "pushing" the 12 hour rule and blowing it out of the water before partaking in lude and lascivious behavior.
As for FmrFrtDog... Have I ever considered running from the cops? This question reveals a lot about you. I have never been chased by the cops. I've had a ton of good times in my life with more to come and I manage just fine to do so while living within the laws set by our companies, communities, states, nation, what-have-you.
PCL 128, if I have picked up on things correctly then it would seem that you hold some sort of union possition at 9E. If that's the case then that puts you in a possition of authority and your peers will have an ear for what you have to say. You would best serve your coworkers by simply taking the stance that the union will do what it can for him but simultaneously wants to send a clear and resounding message that that behavior will not be tolerated. There is an ALPA code of conduct or ethics posted somewhere I'm sure. Reinforce that, not these childish, drunken frat party antics.
I want to be clear about one thing here. It is not my intention to pick on this kid anymore. I'm picking on this attitude that wants to let his behavior slide. That's the topic at this point. Encouraging, supporting, condoning, turning a blind eye or otherwise down playing the significance of this only serves to set the stage for it to happen again. That's what I have a problem with. But to address this attitude unfortuneately involves having to discuss his specific irresponsilities. Until you send that message to your peers, PCL 128, I guess we will just be standing by waiting to hear the next Letterman top 10 list centered around another one of your pilots.

Last edited:
And there you go again PCL 128. You say in one thread that you codemn this type of behavior and then you turn around in another and want to have a pitty party for somebody that has phenomenally poor decision making ability.

Everyone makes mistakes. I've made them, you've made them, and yes, Captain Bradford made a pretty big one. I don't condone his poor decision and his actions, but I also don't condone the outright attacks on his character that I'm seeing on this thread. People make mistakes.

PCL 128, if I have picked up on things correctly then it would seem that you hold some sort of union possition at 9E.

I used to hold union positions at PCL. I've been gone for over a year now.

acaterry......if i'm not mistaken, and i know i'm not....you taught at one of those schools....maybe you're bummed it wasn't you.....and no.....i was not one of those spoiled kids....i'm still paying my dues and have been through furlough and ch.7.......

acaterry......if i'm not mistaken, and i know i'm not....you taught at one of those schools....maybe you're bummed it wasn't you.....
Just what I'd expect from one of his peers. Thanks for proving my point. :rolleyes:
I instructed at one of those academies in between airlines. I had already given over 3000 dual given in regular FBO school prior to the advent of the instant pilot factories. I saw good guys come out of the academy I taught at, but more of the spoiled "gimme it now" types. That "customer card" got old fast.
and no.....i was not one of those spoiled kids....i'm still paying my dues and have been through furlough and ch.7.......
Hang on while I cry for you. Do you think you're the only guy who had it tough? You're lucky to even make a living to afford a pc to type your self-pity on. Think of the people in Burma (no I won't say Mayanmar).
You missed my point. This guy did not "make a mistake". A mistake is forgetting that you left the stove on, and finding the kithen on fire. What this guy did was light a campfire in his living room, burn the house down, and here come all you guys, his peers, to rescue him. It sickens me.
Because everything "is about you", it is expected that reprehensible behavior is accepted and even justified because either a) someone else did it before, b) it was "a mistake" or c) it's cool. You guys who stick up for this kind of thing deserve every contract violation, paycut and knock that you get. I hope there are more of you that are embarrassed by this kind of thing.
Reply is in qoutebox above.

peers? hardly.....i just know that it doesn't take much to get you fired up.....i don't don't give a $hit about the guy who was naked....he blew it....(hopefully literally...) don't worry i'm perfectly aware that i am not the only guy who has had it tough ... i know the crap you went through....so relax my good man, for i know you will not shed a tear for me....

The reason people "pile on" is because they want to send the clear message that we, as their peers, do not find this to be respectable behavior.

I guess we should have all "piled on" Lyle Prouse and steadfastly refused to let him use the mistakes he made to better the profession as a whole, hmm? By all means, let's crucify someone before we know all the facts. Good idea.

And, for the record, I did run from the cops once.... when they caught me and a few of my buddies trying to smuggle a keg onto a campus when I was 19 and in college. Guess that makes me an irresponsible person.

Just one question... exactly how many minutes after the story about this Pinnacle guy was posted did it take for his coworkers and peers to race upstairs to their computers hoping they could be the first to post about it or have a witty comment about it?? You say you're "piling on" to send a message that you're above such behavior. I say you're "piling on" to have a good laugh or a good "holier-than-thou" moment at the expense of a coworker without giving him the benefit of waiting for all the facts to be known.

peers? hardly.....i just know that it doesn't take much to get you fired up.....i don't don't give a $hit about the guy who was naked....he blew it....(hopefully literally...) don't worry i'm perfectly aware that i am not the only guy who has had it tough ... i know the crap you went through....so relax my good man, for i know you will not shed a tear for me....
You DO know me:laugh:
And quit trying to ruin may bad mood, it's what keeps me happy:nuts: :beer:

-Did you ever push the 12 hour rule just a little bit???

-Did you ever in your life run from the cops? Did you ever in your life feel like you were about to have to run from the cops?
12 hour rule? Umm, yes, by almost 4 hours.
Pt. 121: (d) Pre-duty use. (1) No covered employee shall perform flight crewmember duties within 8 hours after using alcohol.
The Harrisburg Cops overlooked the one of World's largest aviation drug smuggling rings (supplying New York with most of its Cocaine for over a decade), but scramble the Chopper to find someone who's only crime is "public indecency," a misdermeanor at worst??? He was released after appearing in his own arraignment without Counsel, out of State. Obviously the Judge did not see this as a big deal.

This has Super Troopers all over it. If I was a Harrisburg taxpayer, I'd be angry about wasting thousands of dollars on this "manhunt." Odds are, the case will be dismissed.

After 9/11, this Country has taken a dangerous swerve towards becoming a Police State. My friends who are first generation (legal) immigrants to the United States are starting to leave. They have talked to me about their reasons, that they simply don't feel "freedom" in the United States. Meanwhile, the laws are not enforecd against those who chose to opt out of the system.

In Austria, an entire losing Rugby Team goes the full Monty on the Courthouse Steps and the locals are smart enough to realize there is no threat to anyone. Here, we would have to have Senate hearings.

I've lived in the City near a large park & folks have made out in plain view of my office window during broad daylight plenty of times. I saw no need to call the Cops, what two consenting adults do does not bother me, not really any of my business.

Littering makes me mad. Making out ... eh' who cares?

Unless it is a Bear involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMR12-H5d4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I&feature=related

Last edited:
Ah its called wait until you get back to the hotel room or at least the lobby.....geeeze. Maybe he had a freakish thing with wildlife.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back