• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nahill resigns as CEO of Flight Options LLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yo Dr B, why don't you go to the 135 board and tell everybody that has less than 1500hrs how great freight flying is. Dumb_ _ _ losser !!!!!!!!

Dr.B...........You guys need to get back to your roots and appreciate what you have.............................

Just say it Dr. B......"I'm just lucky to have a job flying a jet".....come on I want to hear it.

Dr. B said:
What a bunch of whiny, spoiled babies.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty Hotels? Crappy Maintenance? Less crew Meals?

You guys need to get back to your roots and appreciate what you have. Go fly 135 freight or instruct, relearn what the real meaning of crappy is.
Wow...do you feel like a big man now? Many of us left the freight world for a reason...and you just illustrated it.

Hey, if the freight world is so crappy, why don't you move on to something better? Oh, that's right...nobody will hire you. I'm sure you have resumes out...so don't tell me that you COULD get a better job anytime you wanted, but you LIKE the "crappy" freight job you have.

Troll.

Jackoffs, I did move on to something better I.E. OPTIONS...which is how I know you are full of crap, because it does not suck there. My point is, if you think it does, than you are a spoiled whiny...oh why even bother.

Dr. B said:
Jackoffs, I did move on to something better I.E. OPTIONS...which is how I know you are full of crap, because it does not suck there.
For those of us who are "there", I can assure you it does now suck (to use your word). I have been around over 5 years and watched our quality of life take a swirl down the dumper. This USED to be a great place to work, but those days are long gone. You DON'T know how it is here, so keep your thoughts to yourself!

I have had several flying jobs; this fractional gig for six years and a bit of change. I have learned a lot about many things in the world of professional aviation the most important being that the terms “FLYING JOB and QUALITY OF LIFE are mutually exclusive. The state and condition of your quality of life is a matter of degree, but from my experiences on the road, it seems that Life as a Fractional Pilot is pretty consistent company to company. A now departed friend once told me that to make a living in the world of professional aviation you will be away from home, family, friends much more than you can imagine at your present age.

Not defending anything, just a comment.

Fly safe folks.

No, actually I joined the company after the "merger"...

The bottom line is:

The way I see it is that the majority of discontent breeds from second guessing dispatch. This is common in this industry from small charter operators all the way up to the majors. We don't always understand or agree with what decisions are made, but it is not our job to do so. We do not need to see the big picture to do our job, which is to fly the planes. You are better off not thinking about why or how things unfold, it only leads to frustration.

There are not many flying jobs out there where you have a predictable schedule and your choice of domiciles. Yes the pay could always be better, but I look at it this way, we work 6 months out of the year. As for equipment, I don't see it as subpar maintenance, I have plenty of experience in that field and this is far from it. As a pilot you always have the choice of stopping any trip for fatigue, mechanical, or weather.

I have yet to fly a single day without being fed at least once, usually twice. I have yet to stay in a bad hotel, yes some are noisy, and some don't have food or whatever makes you happy nearby, but all are above average in my eyes.

Yes I believe we are understaffed and need more aircraft. Yes I agree that the company is to blame for this, yes this would lead to more movement in the company and would be good for the pilots. I think the slide to parity is B.S. You should have a SUBSTANTIAL pay raise when you upgrade, not make equal pay, especially since it now will take at least 4 - 5 years to do so.

That being said:
The company takes reasonable steps in order to maintain quality of life. What I meant to say is that if you don't believe that, then look around. If you are so unhappy then leave the company for greener pastures, I don't think there are many out there. If all of you who were so unhappy would leave, than all that would be left is people who really want to be here, like me.

You said it Dr. B.

Dr. B said:
No, actually I joined the company after the "merger"...

The bottom line is:

The way I see it is that the majority of discontent breeds from second guessing dispatch. This is common in this industry from small charter operators all the way up to the majors. We don't always understand or agree with what decisions are made, but it is not our job to do so. We do not need to see the big picture to do our job, which is to fly the planes. You are better off not thinking about why or how things unfold, it only leads to frustration.

There are not many flying jobs out there where you have a predictable schedule and your choice of domiciles. Yes the pay could always be better, but I look at it this way, we work 6 months out of the year. As for equipment, I don't see it as subpar maintenance, I have plenty of experience in that field and this is far from it. As a pilot you always have the choice of stopping any trip for fatigue, mechanical, or weather.
Dr. B, you have said it so concisely. Discontented Fractional Pilots may not agree but those of us who are very happily employed in the industry agree with you.

The key to success and happiness in this industry is flexibility, positive thinking, and a "go with the flow" attitude when it comes to just about everything. You are right, we should not try to control that which is out of our hands, ie: decisions made by ops planning. The big picture is not always visible to the pilots.

Personally, I have one of the best jobs in the industry. I am truly happy riding this wave. Those of us who have been through tough times in the 91/135 side of aviation for any length of time recognize that fractional provides unique opportunities for a career in aviation. The disgrunts out there are ruining it for those of us who are, all positives and negatives considered, happy in balance with our occupation.

I like your point of view in this post, Dr. B.

Good job. Keep smilin'

There are those out there who cannot agree with this point of view. Disgrunts will accuse us of drinking the koolaid. Positive attitudes are frowned upon by these pessimists.

Pessimism is not a good triat for a pilot to have, imho.

Anybody read the recent B/CA article about pilot attitudes? Good read.

Dr. B,

So what kind of Doctor are you anyway? Your math skills seem to be lacking if you think we only work "part time". I for one average 12 hours a day of duty (800XP). Multiply that by 8 days of work and I am putting in 96 hours in one "work" week. Average that with my week off and I am putting in 48 hours a week. That's significantly more then the average American works at his/her full time job. And before you tell me to leave if I don't like it save your breath, I already am. I feel bad that you have had such crappy jobs you actually think this is a really good one (it's better then unemployment!). Believe me there are greener pastures and all of us should be looking for them.

Latest resources

Back