• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nahill resigns as CEO of Flight Options LLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like the interim CEO (Scheringa) has some pretty good aviation experience with something like 10-12 years at USAirways (during most of their good years). My understanding from reading about him is that he spent a lot of time in different departments and has a good understanding of operations, labor relations, marketing, customer service, etc.

Yeah, but people will say his experience running Metro Jet was not a good one - but at least he gained valuable perspective and has hopefully learned from his mistakes... What do you think about him?

Last edited:
Heavy Set said:
Sounds like the interim CEO (Scheringa) has some pretty good aviation experience with something like 10-12 years at USAirways (during most of their good years). My understanding from reading about him is that he spent a lot of time in different departments and has a good understanding of operations, labor relations, marketing, customer service, etc.

Yeah, but people will say his experience running Metro Jet was not a good one - but at least he gained valuable perspective and has hopefully learned from his mistakes... What do you think about him?
Isn't UsAirways in Chapter 11????????????????????

Not a word...

I'll keep my mouth shut for once and cross my fingers. Best of luck to the new guy. Make us happy and we'll do the same for you.;)

okay

I'm done keeping my mouth shut now!:) It's about freakin' time they put someone else at the helm with at least SOME aviation experience. Hey Johnny, did Raytheon give you that nice severance package I mentioned in the other FLOPs thread? I have to apologize to you though. I said that you would first run the company into the ground and THEN collect your multi-million dollar severance package. I'm glad I was wrong about the first part and you didn't take us down with you. Good luck at your next position with Mother Raytheon. So what if aviation wasn't your thing? I'm sure you'll find something you're good at. Everyone does. Now if only we could get rid of the rest of the clowns...

So anybody heard how the Board of Directors meeting went last week? Who answered all of their questions? Nahole was supposed to report to them, but he bailed out beforehand. Inquiring minds want to know.....

Scheringa (sp?)

At least he's off to a better start. Kept his word and updated the 'weekly' company message.

Christensen leaving?

Position: Director of Operations

Summary: This position carries out the plans and policies relating to company flight
operations formulated by Flight Options and establishes operations, personnel and equipment standards based on the company's policies. The Director of Operations reports to the Vice President of Flight Operations.

Duties and Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures for the entire flight department. It ensures prompt reporting, filing, and follow-up action on any Air Carrier reports to the appropriate agencies. This position acts as one of the main points of contact with the Federal Aviation Administration. The Director of Operations must be highly knowledgeable in all company operations and all pertinent Federal Aviation Regulations; shall ensure that subscription is obtained for all pertinent aeronautical charts, Airport Directories, and for IFR operations, en route, terminal area, and approach and letdown charts; responsible for maintaining an individual list of the aircraft used by the company for Part 135 operations. Also responsible for ensuring that the General Operations Manual and Operations Specifications are distributed and/or available, electronically or otherwise, to all company aircraft and flight crews.

Qualifications: In accordance with FAR part 119, candidates for this position must possess an ATP rating and have at least 3 years supervisory or managerial experience within the last 6 years in a position that exercised operational control over any operations conducted under part 121 or part 135. For candidates without former experience as a Director of Operations, they must have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under FARs part 121 or part 135. In the case of a person with previous experience as a Director of Operations, have at least 3 years experience, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135. Must possess proven Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience with international operations and procedures preferred. Candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule and relocate to Cleveland, Ohio (relocation assistance is available). Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.

INTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.

Re: Christensen leaving?

From what I understand, yes, John is leaving. He's wanted out of the DO thing for a while, but they wouldn't let him just go back to being a line pilot. I hear he's taken a position in Calif...not sure what capacity.

What a bunch of whiny, spoiled babies.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty Hotels? Crappy Maintenance? Less crew Meals?

You guys need to get back to your roots and appreciate what you have. Go fly 135 freight or instruct, relearn what the real meaning of crappy is.

Latest resources

Back