N767KS and N777AS Middle East Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dickburns

Anyone know someone who flies for these guys? How do they hire... I'm assuming it's a "who-you-know" kinda gig, and have to know someone within the companies. I'd imagine it's a decent gig, flying heavy metal all over the world.

Are the pilots typed in the 777 and 767, or are there separate crews for each bird?

What about ARAMCO's fleet?

Who do U know?

Jet professionals had a posting a few months ago about a 767 ARAMCO pilot job, that has since been removed. The guy at Jet Professionals did say it would be a contract position for up to eighteen months or else when the ARMCO people decided they liked you and hired you full time.I was called for it,made a few follow up calls and never heard anything else.
A pilot we hired at my last job (at the same time I'd applied for this job), had just left ARAMCO; as he had a family and was always gone. They'd advertised 20 days on and thirty off; with the posibility of being extended to 25 days at which point theyd' airline you home. He mentioned thirty days gone was more often the case.
As with most of these jobs - yes, it is based on who you know. Having the type already would help; but, as in my case, I didn't know the right people (and apparently neither did Jet Professionals!).
The airplane rotates to Houston InterContinental, where the chief pilot is located. Anything else?

RP

Interesting. So do the pilots live in Saudi?

What does ARAMCO have for a fleet?

Is Middle East Jet solely that 767 and the 777? Do you know if the pilots for those planes are dual-typed and switch between airplanes? AFAIK, N777AS doesn't get a ton of flying, some I'm wondering how those guys do for currency, and/if they're just retired mainline 777 drivers.

What does ARAMCO have for a fleet?
Hawker 800As, GIVs, BBJs, Dash-8s and I believe a Citation and an older 200 series 737 along with the 767-200 (N767A). Interviewed for a Hawker position several years ago in Dallas, wasn't offered the job but from what I've heard it was for the best. Friends there have told me the attitude of Saudis towards Americans was less than cordial figuring they owned you by throwing some cash your way. Aramco is constantly running ads for pilot openings so there must be something to it.

The B767 operation out of IAH is a pretty good ride and yes they do at times work long and difficult hours, which btw is the nature of all the large, longrange aircarft in private hands. The airplne is pretty much dedicated the the Saudi Oil Minister and is basically all over the world. Jet Professionals was/is doing the hiring for the above stated reasons. I have friend who has just been asked to join full time., thus leaving the JP contracted deal. Don't know the pay or bennies, but I would assume that they are average to above average. The guys that I have had contact with there have been extremely professional and easy to be around. They do not, to my knowledge fly any B757's, only the B767-200ER. ARAMCO has a large fleet of aircraft in the ME including B737, Otter and right on down the line. I don't know squat about how these are manned.

Those that I know over there have come out of the supplemental airlines or in the case of my friend, Boeing flight training department.

Thanks for the info. What about ARAMCO's DC8? Did they get rid of it?

Any idea on who's flying the 777, and who uses it?

The 767 is owned by Aramco Associated Company in Houston and has nothing to do with the flying opportunities at 'Saudi Aramco'...two totally different operations. As mentioned above, the 767 is based in the States and to my knowledge the compensation is not tax free as it is as if you were based in Saudi.

The current fleet in Saudi is comprised of 737-700's, DHC8's, Hawkers, Citation, Otter, Air tractor 802's, and a G550. These are all flown by either contract or full time pilots. The contract is with 'Aramco Associated Company'. The full time pilots are Saudi Aramco employees.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back