Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Does this GLEX belong to FedEx corporate? I saw it on flight explorer and it's also registered to Federal Express Leasing Corp. What other aircraft does FedEx corporate fly?

Also saw two GLEX's that are DHC08 and DHC2 that belong to De Havilland Inc. I didn't know they owned two of those.

Hehehe, don't ask me. The first time I saw a FlexJet "FX" Learjet I thought it was a FedEx executive airplane. It was only after I started seeing them EVERYWHERE that I realized something was up (well, it has the same color stripes and FX would fit with FedEx).

:)

FedEx have a bunch of Lear 45s (6 or 7 I think) as well as a Challenger and the GLEX. They may have more, but these are the ones I've seen/heard about. I think they all have FE tail numbers and the purple/orange stripes.

Anybody know what life is like on the corp side of flying there? (I know you can jump ship after three years and try and fly for the cargo side but I'm not interested in that.) Just curious about their pay and QOL (as usual) and how much they seem to fly a year.

Any help is appreciated.

I seem to remember FedEx Corporate being discussed on this board a while back. Try a search, I think you'll find some good info.

Flywrite said:
I seem to remember FedEx Corporate being discussed on this board a while back. Try a search, I think you'll find some good info.

Yeah, I got off my lazy arse and did a search, just forgot to post the "nevermind, I found it" post.

Also saw two GLEX's that are DHC08 and DHC2 that belong to De Havilland Inc. I didn't know they owned two of those.[/QUOTE said:
DHC flight numbers are not De Havilland owned aircraft, but newly produced aircraft out on test flights. They could be DHC-8's or Globals or even Challengers.

PMVULB AvMgr said:
DHC flight numbers are not De Havilland owned aircraft, but newly produced aircraft out on test flights. They could be DHC-8's or Globals or even Challengers.
Interesting. Why would a Bombardier aircraft operate a test flight under the De havilland callsign? That does explain why they both were listing their departure point as their arrival point as well.
The data tag for the aircraft listed DHC08 as the callsign (replaced the tail #) and the other listed as DHC2. Both listed GLEX under the aicraft type.

Upon checking the properties, the tailnumber/callsign was listed as De Havilland Inc. which is why I thought they were De Havilland's aircraft.

Flying Illini said:
Interesting. Why would a Bombardier aircraft operate a test flight under the De havilland callsign? That does explain why they both were listing their departure point as their arrival point as well.
The data tag for the aircraft listed DHC08 as the callsign (replaced the tail #) and the other listed as DHC2. Both listed GLEX under the aicraft type.

Upon checking the properties, the tailnumber/callsign was listed as De Havilland Inc. which is why I thought they were De Havilland's aircraft.

It's probably just a case of getting the callsign from the FAA back before DeHavilland became (part of) Bombardier. No real need to change it, so why do the extra paperwork.

Latest resources

Back