• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mysterious Caravan Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being a local pilot down here, I have had my share of taking quick action against many T-34's, that have blazed right by me in a spin, loop, split S, you name it, and thats with TCAS II and talking to APP control.

They also do alot of training at night around here, I can sit on my back porch and watch the lights swap ends about every night.

Being that every T-34 around here has the bright red- orange paint, lends itself to investigate over at PNS NAS. I'm not pointing fingers, but the fact they have found this paint on the wreckage it seems like a good place to start.

I needed to deviate...

That is the key to what might have happened. What was he trying to say there? It is a mystery b/c they haven't found any other parts but the Cessna.

LR25 said:
Being that every T-34 around here has the bright red- orange paint, lends itself to investigate over at PNS NAS. I'm not pointing fingers, but the fact they have found this paint on the wreckage it seems like a good place to start.

As a former T-34 IP out of PNS, there is no way in heck that this caravan collided with a T-34 and it went un-reported.

dtzl said:
As a former T-34 IP out of PNS, there is no way in heck that this caravan collided with a T-34 and it went un-reported.

Exactly what I was thinking. If he did have a mid-air with a military aircraft it could have been one of the drones that they use, but don't they only use those in restricted areas?

"I can sit on my back porch and watch the lights swap ends about every night."

Pull my left leg - it plays jingle bells. You idiot. You know not of which you speak.

rogerball said:
"I can sit on my back porch and watch the lights swap ends about every night."

Pull my left leg - it plays jingle bells. You idiot. You know not of which you speak.

Which part of this is so unbelievable?

When was the last time you flew around Fairhope, AL?

Last edited:
dtzl said:

Like I said, I wasnt pointing fingers, but the only aircraft that have orange paint on them around here are Navy trainers, particularly the T-34's.

I think the notion that it had anything to do with a T-34 is pretty far out there. That kind of impact most likely would have resulted in the loss of the T-34 and I can't believe there would be any reason to cover it up.
If you look at the ntsb report, 15 seconds after saying he had the DC-10 right above him, he started the "I needed to deviate" reports. Sounds like there's something more to look at there.

Latest resources

Back